Today's Games

Just now, nethertonowl said:

What if Plymouth dont get another point, with games against Wigan, Sunderland and Mk?. we wold only need 5 point from 5 games

perhaps that will happen but I would rather Plymouth beat Wycombe today to keep us in the top 6 and Wycombe below us. 

3 minutes ago, paulrs said:

To those feeling worried right now Think of it this way.

Plymouth are on 78 from 43. They still have to play Sunderland Wigan and MK therefore it’s perfectly realistic they will finish on 80/81 points… meaning we’d only need 7 or 8 points from 5 games to overtake them. 

Given we’ve been averaging 2 points per game since the start of November you’d have to still be confident. 

I don’t think you’re far out here. If they lose today against Wycombe which is looking highly likely, they could easily fail to win again and feasibly could lose all of their remaining games. Wouldn’t  be surprised if we overtake Plymouth. 

Just now, scilly owl said:

It’s times like these that it pays not to research how many points that we have dropped from the 85th minute onwards !

The scary thing is that's been going on how for two and a half seasons.

51 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Mmmm don't know about that, Oxford are definitely not out of it

They’ll only get in if we and one of Wycombe and Sunderland collapse. I suppose what I meant was that if Oxford are to finish above us we’re at fault, whereas we could get reasonable results but Wycombe and Sunderland still finish above us.

All the remaining fixtures look tricky at this point in the season, 2 tough away games to promotion rivals, Fleetwood battling to stay up and Portsmouth have been a very decent side the second half of the season. Even Crewe worry me despite having lost 15 of their last 16. 😄

Would have liked one or two more mid table sides.