Today's Games

Oxford and Portsmouth both pushing now on our coat tails,as we sit 7th outside a play off place,but with games in hand on WW & Sunderland who both won today....

We HAVE to win Sat to move back into a play off place,and if teams results keep going against us,KEEP wining to stand still...

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Oxford and Portsmouth both pushing now on our coat tails,as we sit 7th outside a play off place,but with games in hand on WW & Sunderland who both won today....

We HAVE to win Sat to move back into a play off place,and if teams results keep going against us,KEEP wining to stand still...

Portsmouth aren't getting in, bar a minor miracle. 

They are 7 points behind us having played a game more. 

Oxford remain in the hunt after today. That was an absolute must win for them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Talking poo mate. We’ve not been as good away from home as we have been at Hillsborough. We’re playing second in the league.

I think it’ll be a draw. 

A draw will be as bad as a loss,at this point in the season....so will DM do what he usually does in such circumstances and get the team to be 'Uber'  cautious,and over worry about the opposition?

1st,2nd, it should be an irrelevence if we believe we are good enough to return to the Championship.......

I look to WHO DM picks for tommorows game,particulary up front,and how he sets us up....I think he see's Patto as his shock tactics impact player,so i expect to see him on the bench(again) But will he insist on NML up front with Gregory?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Portsmouth aren't getting in, bar a minor miracle. 

They are 7 points behind us having played a game more. 

Oxford remain in the hunt after today. That was an absolute must win for them. 

Agree but WW  are going strong,despite there dreadful last 5 matchs;...Oxford picking up as you say,really must win Sat.....over to you Darren  

We've thrown points in several games but so have other teams, ultimately the league table is fair and states the true position. 

Even if we lose tomorrow it's more important to beat the teams around us, so Wycombe away is the crucial game to win.

I believe we need 3 wins to be sure, one of which must be Wycombe. That game will be the game of our season in my opinion. 

People writing Plymouth off need to realize that they are good on their own patch, and they may also end up playing MK and Wigan who might both be on the beach by then. 

• Like 1

Just now, parajack said:

Agree but WW  are going strong,despite there dreadful last 5 matchs;...Oxford picking up as you say,really must win Sat.....over to you Darren  

a draw would be a good result tomorrow ......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

Of course it is, we need to be matching Sunderland and Wycombe results every week now.

Lose tomorrow and they pick up wins on Monday it’s suddenly a 6 point gap, yeah a game in hand over Sunderland and two over Wycombe but I’d rather have the points and at this stage I don’t think a 6 point swing will happen.

Games in hand always comes with added pressure and the games in hand have to be both wins.

I agree Wycombe & Sunderland have the Psychological edge in the battle now.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, parajack said:

A draw would not be a bad result tomorrow.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

That's the main worry tbh.

Talent is clearly there but I'm not sure about us when it really matters.

Do or die now really. They either discover that clinical and ruthless edge or we will be finishing 7th.

Plymouth ar buggered

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

I can see us getting tonked tomorrow, away from home, against the 2nd best team, live on telly, and pressure on us to get back in the top 6.  3-0 defeat incoming.  UTO 

No chance we will win

28 minutes ago, torryowl said:

a draw would be a good result tomorrow ......

It would have been had we not thrown 2 points away at Bolton .....2 draws isn't great but if we avoid defeat at Wycombe , win our home games and best Fleetwood we'll make the play offs.

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Draw will see us remain in 7th,and use up a game in hand.....how will that be a good result? 

An away game to one of the best teams in our league? They may yet get automatic promotion. On paper it’s the hardest game we have left. Draw this and win 3 of the others would do it.

Just now, Watto said:

It would have been had we not thrown 2 points away at Bolton .....2 draws isn't great but if we avoid defeat at Wycombe , win our home games and best Fleetwood we'll make the play offs.

it'll still be a good result as would a draw at wycombe ........

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I mean, it is still about maths a little bit though, isn't it?

:duntmatter:

Tommorow will see if where still 7th OR if we have moved back into a play off position...thats the only maths that matter

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I mean, it is still about maths a little bit though, isn't it?

:duntmatter:

Tbf, you can combine the two. 

So...the maximum amount of bottles we can have on the wall is 88.