Today's Games

I suppose the point is that what's coming up isn't just about getting in the play offs but a test of whether this team has it in them if they get in the play offs.

This is going to be less about ability and more to do with mental toughness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Been saying this for a couple of weeks. Think they’ll miss out… Need to beat at least one of Sunderland, Mk and Wigan to maintain their chances 

If they beat just Sunderland at home and lose the other 2, we will need to win 3 of our 5 games to finish above them. MK or Wigan might be on the beach by the time Plymouth play them.

I'd rather be in Plymouth's position rather than ours - points in the bag every time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brando said:

Nah..points in the bag..think they will make it..

They have 78 points 

Sunderland 

Wigan

Mk left to play 

If they get 4 points out of those which is a generous return then we’ll need 3 wins to finish above them 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Django said:

3 wins out of 5 and we’re in I reckon 

You’re probably right but you’d have to say the last 2 are 2 of those 3 you’d target the wins in. 

If we say took 4 points from the next 3 games, that would be about what’s expected but we’d then have to win the last 2. 

Can totally see us bottling it at Fleetwood if that’s how it plays out. Wanted to be comfortably top 6 by then

I'd drop hunt 2moro play nml there use his pace , with berihino up front . Hunt can come back Tuesday. We are shocking away from home and surely d Moore will lose his job if we finish 7th or 8th. Been far far too negative away this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A draw tomorrow would be a great result as long as we beat Crewe.

We’d then have 77 points after 43 matches. Wycombe have 76 points after 43 matches.

Plymouth at home to Sunderland next match - they can’t both win.

Keep calm, 9 more points and we’ll get there.

I still think wins against Crewe, Fleetwood and Portsmouth would do it regardless of the other two matches.

That would put us on 82. Plymouth’s three matches are against Sunderland, MK and Wigan. It’s difficult to see them beating 82 unless they beat Sunderland, which then makes it very difficult for Sunderland to beat 82.

It wouldn’t half help to hammer Crewe, a boost to the goal difference would almost be worth an extra point at this stage.

Get a win at either MK or Wycombe or a draw at both and it’s difficult to see us failing but we are still in it if we get 1 or even 0 points from those two.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Ffs, now I'm bricking it tomorrow cos of my track record at away games 😂 only seen us win twice. One of those was against the pigs tho when Tudgay scored. 

Twice wow. Well tomorrow will be 3. Be positive😃

2 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

You’re probably right but you’d have to say the last 2 are 2 of those 3 you’d target the wins in. 

If we say took 4 points from the next 3 games, that would be about what’s expected but we’d then have to win the last 2. 

Can totally see us bottling it at Fleetwood if that’s how it plays out. Wanted to be comfortably top 6 by then

If that’s the case then we’d have no complaints as we won’t have deserved it anyway 

• Like 1

Plymouth have got the worst run in. Their last three games are Sunderland (H) Wigan (A) MK Dons (H)

If Wednesday win the three of our last five we’d have 82. Plymouth would have to get four more points from those three to match it. That excludes us getting a point from the other two games we play, and also remember if Plymouth beat Sunderland it’s another three points less that Sunderland can get.

Sunderland still have Rotherham at home, Oxford still have MK at home and Wycombe have to travel to Wimbledon on Monday (who will be scrapping for their lives no doubt) 

League table doesn't lie.

Still feeling frustrated from too many away games where we set up too negatively or threw points away. Hope that doesn't end up costing us, but if it does, the manager and players need to look in the mirror at themselves. 

In the meantime we are now going to see whether we have the mentality as today's results puts the pressure on us.

• Like 1