A tour of Sheffield City Centre showing all the changes so far

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

So.. 

First time... 

Pusher.... Do you want some drugs. 

User.... Oh go on then. 

What's... Oh dear.. About that.. And yes.. I understand addiction.....  It's the initial... YES

I see what you're saying

People do drugs though - like people drink beer or people have a bet on the grand national

Owlstalk Shop

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I see what you're saying

People do drugs though - like people drink beer or people have a bet on the grand national

Thanks..I understand that and I think the majority that do can and will on a social level.. It's the addicts that cause the problem..and I understand addiction, I've a Son that is a gambling addict and had been since 15...hes 32 now... Hasn't changed, no matter the support offered. Four kids two different partners and he's left em both and it's me that picks up the pieces for my Grandkids....  It's sad, because it's a case that I don't see em. I have to factor in.. Giving them financial support, or paying hundreds to travel see them.... They live top end of Scotland..

It's no brainer, I make sure they are fed and clothed ok. 

Apologies to those  that think I was flippant about the problem, it's terrible, any addiction. 

I just have little tolerance for addicts... And it's probably a lot to do with my own experiences. 

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Thanks..I understand that and I think the majority that do can and will on a social level.. It's the addicts that cause the problem..and I understand addiction, I've a Son that is a gambling addict and had been since 15...hes 32 now... Hasn't changed, no matter the support offered. Four kids two different partners and he's left em both and it's me that picks up the pieces for my Grandkids....  It's sad, because it's a case that I don't see em. I have to factor in.. Giving them financial support, or paying hundreds to travel see them.... They live top end of Scotland..

It's no brainer, I make sure they are fed and clothed ok. 

Apologies to those  that think I was flippant about the problem, it's terrible, any addiction. 

I just have little tolerance for addicts... And it's probably a lot to do with my own experiences. 

Yeah that's fair enough - I totally get your points

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Leaving aside the politics of vagrancy, homelessness, unsupported addicts, etc. You do see a fair bit of it in central Sheffield. In recent months I would say I've seen less in central Leeds than Sheffield; but slightly more in Bristol than in Sheffield; and more still in central Manchester. I don't think there's any connection between how well a place is doing economically and levels of visible homelessness -  actually, if anything, booming economies tend to produce more visible local casualties.

2 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

Leaving aside the politics of vagrancy, homelessness, unsupported addicts, etc. You do see a fair bit of it in central Sheffield. In recent months I would say I've seen less in central Leeds than Sheffield; but slightly more in Bristol than in Sheffield; and more still in central Manchester. I don't think there's any connection between how well a place is doing economically and levels of visible homelessness -  actually, if anything, booming economies tend to produce more visible local casualties.

Agreed about Bristol and Manchester

Owlstalk Shop