Danny Cowley desperate to sign George Hirst

Danny Cowley reveals Portsmouth future plans for Leicester loanee as ex-Sheffield Wednesday man continues to flourish

Danny Cowley his reiterated his wish to keep George Hirst at Fratton Park.

The striker turned in a magnificent display to inspire the Blues to a brilliant 3-0 success over Rotherham last night.

Hirst was the architect for Marcus Harness’ goal, while the Leicester City loanee also netted his 11th of the season, with Clark Robertson grabbing the other.

Owlstalk Shop

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Danny Cowley reveals Portsmouth future plans for Leicester loanee as ex-Sheffield Wednesday man continues to flourish

Danny Cowley his reiterated his wish to keep George Hirst at Fratton Park.

The striker turned in a magnificent display to inspire the Blues to a brilliant 3-0 success over Rotherham last night.

Hirst was the architect for Marcus Harness’ goal, while the Leicester City loanee also netted his 11th of the season, with Clark Robertson grabbing the other.

A permament club and regular football is exactly whats needed.

Or his career will end up drifting.

• Like 3

Could be available on a free in the summer 👀

(on a serious note, I doubt Chansiri would ever be able to give him a contract after what happened, although to be honest, knowing the Hirsts semi-personally I know that George would've definitely come to Wednesday ahead of Pompey in the summer)

• Like 1

George Hirst this season has had his breakthrough year by that I mean the year he’s found himself in senior football he seems to have bulked out and looks more developed for the leagues now 

it’s now he forged his career in the game 

taking the Wednesday factor away do I think George Hirst as part of a pool of strikers at Wednesday would be a good move, yes at 23 he’s got loads to give in his game and it wouldn’t be a bad replacement longer term for the ageing Gregory he’s certainly offers more than a kamberi id take him 

however is there too much stigma, drama, muddy water here for Hirst to come in and flourish, yes. Many won’t accept him many will turn if he doesn’t produce instantly or has a drop of form the pressure for him to succeed here will be ten times greater than at any other club due the history and comparisons to his dad 

His dads sour relationship with the club won’t help 

it’s just best to leave Hirst the player that could have been or the pantomime villain which ever way you see him in my opinion 

can’t argue though the lads looked an handfuls this year 

my guess is he will score 15 maybe 20 plus next year with regular game time and be worth something so if he goes to pompy on a free they could be looking at a nice windfall in 12-18 month time 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Could be available on a free in the summer 👀

(on a serious note, I doubt Chansiri would ever be able to give him a contract after what happened, although to be honest, knowing the Hirsts semi-personally I know that George would've definitely come to Wednesday ahead of Pompey in the summer)

I wouldn’t be so sure after the verbal he got from us at Fratton Park 

“you’re dad’s a legend but you’re a c***”

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Bpmber said:

I wouldn’t be so sure after the verbal he got from us at Fratton Park 

“you’re dad’s a legend but you’re a c***”

Yep I remember that, it's still the club he supports to this day (think he said that post-match) but I think he took it as banter more than anything else...

Whether it was actually banter though 😬

Watched most of this game last night

Up until the assist, which was excellent by the way, the game generally passed him by

Only thing of note was a shot that went into row z 

As for Rotherham, they were very 1 dimensional. Lots of aimless long balls trying to pick out Smith up front. The loanee winger from Arsenal seemed to be their best outlet

I honestly didn't think he was going to flourish after he went to play in the Belgian league and hardly scored any goals, not sure he netted at mini pigs either but he's proved me and a loads more and tbh Chansiri has made ANOTHER mistake there not offering him a better contract.

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Watto said:

I honestly didn't think he was going to flourish after he went to play in the Belgian league and hardly scored any goals, not sure he netted at mini pigs either but he's proved me and a loads more and tbh Chansiri has made ANOTHER mistake there not offering him a better contract.

I dont think dc did make a mistake, he wanted first team wages and time has shown he was several years and a league higher away from being a first team player back then...

• Like 9

Guest DoesJackHunt

Just bring him back if he's scoring goals. 

He's a Wednesday supporter who had his head turned with a big money contract. 

He would have been stupid to turn it down and his Dad's connections in the game help him set himself up for a comfortable life.

What happened is completely forgivable in my mind and happens all the time in the modern game, that's just football. 

He now seems to be the perfect profile for the type of striker we need, young and scoring goals at the same level our club is currently at. On top of that he has a passion for the club

If he's affordable and available we should throw our hat in the ring in my opinion.

now.....where did I put that tin hat !?

4 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

I dont think dc did make a mistake, he wanted first team wages and time has shown he was several years and a league higher away from being a first team player back then...

Spot on...Hirst jnr had an opinion of himself that was much higher than his level, to a point he even refused loan spells at teams in League 1 & 2 at the time, which is part of any youth team players development!!

I don't think he received the best advice from his advisors either but he's finally done what he should have done when he was with us. He's found a level that he's comfortable at and he's learning the ways of first team football in a very competitive league. Where he goes from here, I suppose that is up to him but it is a crucial stage of his career now and this summer will no doubt shape the next 4/5 years for him.

3 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Spot on...Hirst jnr had an opinion of himself that was much higher than his level, to a point he even refused loan spells at teams in League 1 & 2 at the time, which is part of any youth team players development!!

I don't think he received the best advice from his advisors either but he's finally done what he should have done when he was with us. He's found a level that he's comfortable at and he's learning the ways of first team football in a very competitive league. Where he goes from here, I suppose that is up to him but it is a crucial stage of his career now and this summer will no doubt shape the next 4/5 years for him.

Yep and ironically now either fighting for promotion in league one or survival in championship next year we would be an ideal suit for him..  Wont hold my breath..

So many people happy to suggest they know what George Hirst thought or is thinking or trying to make out they know exactly what went off when Hirst was offered contracts or wages

But they dont 

Dont fall for their attempts to convince you they know what went on or why Hirst left 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop