If We'd Sacked Darren Moore...

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Some fans will have spent the entire promotion season where we get promoted whining, crying, complaining and acting like babies about the manager who got us promoted

Imagine spending all season doing that instead of enjoying it?

foooook ME

You are spot on with this

This season has been really enjoyable if you’ve been able to sit back and watch the development of our team

We’ve had oldies step up to the plate, academy grads stepping up, good loans, loads of points at home, loan players winning promotion and playing week in week out

But I suppose we drew 4 games in a row or something 6 months ago so boooooooooooooo

• Like 5

13 hours ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

It's funny reading a thread like this as there's validity in almost every post, in fact I'm struggling to find fault with what people have written. Yet there's conflicted opinion and ultimately differing views on DMs performance. 

For me it goes something like this, our first half of the season was an underperformance, but there were lots of reasons why (ridiculous injuries, Covid, new players coming together, finding a formation), some of which can be put at the managers door and some of which can't. Two catastrophic performances around the new year caused for some fans to lose hope deciding that the recent upturn was merely a blip and that those 2 games were showing us to be no different to earlier in the season. Our form since then has been excellent, but there's still a couple of concerns, firstly our away form and secondly our inability to learn how to defend set pieces. We are now at a critical point of the season where everything is possible, but given what's happening around us we could still have made automatics if we had put a run together the likes of which Dave Jones managed. Given that we probably have the highest or 2nd highest wage budget in the division and have some obvious Championship players, but knowing that Sunderland are similar and doing no better then it's hard to genuinely gauge how DM is doing. Some will say he's turning it around, some will say that he could have turned it quicker and with more power if only he learnt quicker. His underperformance in the Championship doesn't help, but again there were reasons, however we were capable of stopping up and he didn't find a way. 

Think that covers most posts. For me, I think he starts as manager next season come what may, but I want to see him recognise the shortcomings and put them right or I'll get twitchy. Yes the away form needs sorting out, so does the set pieces, its also obvious that our striker recruitment bar Gregory hasn't given us the best balance for this league. Oh and he needs to insist that the pink away shirt goes and is just a fashion item haha

Very fair well balanced post....Cheers Darren,Errr  I mean 'David' LOL  

59 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

You are spot on with this

This season has been really enjoyable if you’ve been able to sit back and watch the development of our team

We’ve had oldies step up to the plate, academy grads stepping up, good loans, loads of points at home, loan players winning promotion and playing week in week out

But I suppose we drew 4 games in a row or something 6 months ago so boooooooooooooo

Quote: 'But i suppose we drew 4 games in a row or something boooooooooooo  'No we have drawn 3 out of our last 5 games... 13 draws currently in total,whilst (for example) Sunderland the side people keep using in this thread have won four out of their last 5,& drawn 1....WW sat on our coat tails with much improved  performances and the same points..

In fairness Rotherham faltering currently but still capable of getting  automatic promotion which is still in their own hands.....Gonna be crucial game at Ipswich Sat for them...& if we win will do them a favour...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Luke said:

I keep seeing this 

Who are these other league 1 clubs who can afford the players wages who the players turned down or are you suggesting the players have turned down championship clubs to come here 

Weve got the players we have because of wages we pay 

Doesn't this make Moore's job harder in a way? Picking through the players that are here for the money, and the ones with the genuine desire? 

A couple of months ago, Berahino was marked down as one of the worst signings we've ever made. Now many are clamouring for him to play every week. Moore has put his arm around him for most of the season, talked through him being criticised in the press and pointing out that he needs to develop his strength and fitness, and is now getting pelters for not playing him every minute since his (one) hat trick game. 

It's not just as simple as signing the players that demand the most. We've got 3 or 4 on high wages. 

Wing, and that lad at MK will have been on high wages too. There's no magic formula. 

I was one of the few that voted give Moore time at Christmas, despite being frustrated with how it was going. He's got a lot right, some of it basics that we have been crying out for under previous managers. I'll back him next season, the full season, at least.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

And vice versa you don't want to hear the opposing view.

Oh i hear it mate,its deafening in fact at the minute....but you wont see me (as an example) citing alleged racism just for having a view about our managers progress.....or otherwise..quite sad really when you think how many players of colour we have,and cheer for....(not a dig at ay one person general point)

I have a view,and i dont change it.....AND i own up to it,..However loud the outrage or posting gets...

.I dislike  the playing it our philosophy & i believe Darren hasnt let go of it,despite the more direct style at times which i believe has given us our best results.I think it cost us last Year and played a significant role in our relegation,ditto early season,and if we dont get promotion this Year I think DM will recruit for it again.

Only time will tell if ime wrong..

• Like 1

I'll admit I wasn't happy with the first half of the season and for me tool too long to find the best formation and starting lineup. Since then he's got us flying at  home, but for me still needs to improve our away results and form if we're going  to keep him for next season if we don't go up. 

You don't get autos with our away form.