Bannan Is The 41st Best Player In The EFL...

4 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

Bet he wouldn't command a transfer fee of the top 41..  That would probably be around what £8m..  He is a great player and servant to the club but I would take the money...

Please tell me I've read this wrong and your not suggesting bannan is worth 8 million 😂😂

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Please tell me I've read this wrong and your not suggesting bannan is worth 8 million 😂😂

I think he’s saying the young champ midfielders ahead of him on the list would be worth around that.

I hope that’s the case anyway but with swfc fans you never know. 

On 11/04/2022 at 23:27, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

...well, according to FourFourTwo magazine, anyway.

It was voted for by supporters, who were asked to pick the standout players in their division, not including their own side.

The highest ranked League One players are: Scott Twine (MK Dons), Michael Smith (Rotherham), Ross Stewart (Sunderland), Cole Stockton (Morecambe), Dapo Afolayan (Bolton), Dan Barlaser (Rotherham), Joe Jacobson (Wycombe), Will Keane (Wigan), Barry Bannan (Sheff Weds), James McClean (Wigan) and Cameron Brannagan (Oxford).

Here's what the mag has to say:

'For all the tribalism this game throw up, the line about being far too good for this league is reluctantly murmured about Bannan most Saturdays. Often, opposition supporters rate the former Aston Villa and Crystal Palace string-puller higher than Wednesdayites - those who get to see the silky Scot each week are almost spoilt by his talents.'

It's hard to argue with that.

Fantastic footballer. Him and Marvin Johnson are in a different class of player to the rest of our squad. 
Twine is a decent player but I would say best player in league 1 is the MKD centre back Harry Darling. Bannan is right up there as well

46 minutes ago, 83owl said:

I think he’s saying the young champ midfielders ahead of him on the list would be worth around that.

I hope that’s the case anyway but with swfc fans you never know. 

Yeah I am trying to say if he was the 41st best player in the EFL then he would potentially be worth around £8million...  But clearly he is not..