Bannan Is The 41st Best Player In The EFL...

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The highest ranked League One players are: Scott Twine (MK Dons), Michael Smith (Rotherham), Ross Stewart (Sunderland), Cole Stockton (Morecambe), Dapo Afolayan (Bolton), Dan Barlaser (Rotherham), Joe Jacobson (Wycombe), Will Keane (Wigan), Barry Bannan (Sheff Weds), James McClean (Wigan) and Cameron Brannagan (Oxford).

…so how is he 41st?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Oh hang on, are they saying he’s 8th or 9th in L1 (harsh!), plus another 30-odd better than him in Champ?

I’d even be surprised if the latter is true tbh.

That's the one.

It's based on supporters voting for players they've watched against their teams this season.

• Thanks 1

I guess there might be 30+ better all-rounders, and it’s likely that out-and-out goalscorers are rated disproportionately high. But I genuinely don’t reckon there are 40 better players with the ball at their feet than Bazza outside the Prem.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

I guess there might be 30+ better all-rounders, and it’s likely that out-and-out goalscorers are rated disproportionately high. But I genuinely don’t reckon there are 40 better players with the ball at their feet than Bazza outside the Prem.

Not sure why you are only judging a player by how good he is with the ball at his feet? 

15 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Wonder if he is in the top 41 best paid?

Bet he wouldn't command a transfer fee of the top 41..  That would probably be around what £8m..  He is a great player and servant to the club but I would take the money...

• Haha 1