Moore’s Future if Promotion isn’t reached

2 hours ago, parajack said:

This 100% but they dont want to hear/read it mate....

Sunderland are on manager number 7 in league 1. So sacking hasn't worked for them.

Perhaps if they'd had more patience with one of those 7 they would have been promoted by now.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yep basically this.

I think he has to make the top 6.

However sacking him if he doesn't win them would be harsh considering the amount of chance/ luck involved in the playoff format.

And next season the target set would have to be automatics.

That sounds fair enough to me, assuming we recruited / retained well enough to make automatic promotion a realistic goal.

Let's see how the next 5 (hopefully eight) games go - but if Moore gets us to 82 points this season and fails in the playoffs, it isn't a massive leap to get us to the 90 we would need for automatic promotion. Especially considering how much better we have been in 2022 compared to 2021.

There would need to be some good recruitment done, as I think we will lose BPF, Luongo and Storey and one or two others, but no reason why we can't bring in similarly good loans and a few promising players like he did with Adeniran, Byers, etc.

The ship has been turned around - it isn't quite HMS Pïss The League yet, but that isn't a reason to hire another Pulis and immediately steer it back onto the rocks again.

• Like 1

We're on track for over 80 points this season. I think 99% of us would have snatched your hand if offered that after relegation and a shedload of players leaving last year.

The recruitment has been really good overall and I'd be happy to give Moore another crack next season if we don't go up.

If 3-4 unlucky results had gone our way this season we'd be in the top 2 (eg Bannan scores the Pen against Shrewbsury, BPF kicks it long against Ipswich, etc.)

• Like 1

I think that's probably only a decision that can be made at the end of the season. If we blow up now, we'll be seen as bottlers again and a trait that Moore hasn't addressed.

If we narrowly miss out, then things might be seen more positively all around.

For me though, unless there is a clear plan and manager lined up then you have to back the current man in charge. DC won't have a plan, that's for sure.

I wanted him gone halfway through the season,  but anyone who wants him gone now (or at the end of the season) is utterly mad. The consistency of performances we’ve shown for the last 20-odd games is remarkable. If we show this kind of form from the start of next season then we’re as close to guaranteeing promotion as you ever could be.

I don’t understand why anyone would want to jeopardise that. It’s not like we’re doing it with boring football either. Boggles my mind.

3 hours ago, GermanBird said:

But are we sure???

I was gryping all the time about Berahino. I could not understand, why DM gave him chance after chance.

Now I am gryping that he is not playing Berahino often enough

Maybe DM is right wis NML and we are all wrong? Who knows? Time will tell.

A career record of less than one goal every seven games, a record at SWFC of 2 goals in fourteen and his performances suggest that DM will not be proved right in selecting NML ahead of Berahino and Kamberi as a central striker. 

• Like 1

We should absolutely stick with him.  We have been hard to beat, only 8 defeats (so far) this season.

Only 4 teams have scored more and have a better goal difference than us.

Late goals and draws have killed us this season, if he can change those stats we could do some damage next year.

We came down with a squad that he has added loanees/freebies to because we have had no money to spend.

Next season is the season he should be judged on, especially if some cash becomes available for him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For me it’s about whether we are making progress, at times earlier in the season there wasn’t any sign of it. But I think the squad has now gelled and is positive. I’d like to see what could be done over the summer without restrictions for the first time in a few years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yep basically this.

I think he has to make the top 6.

However sacking him if he doesn't win them would be harsh considering the amount of chance/ luck involved in the playoff format.

And next season the target set would have to be automatics.

That was(or should have been if not) THIS seasons target.......

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

Disagree. We were in a total mess at the end of last season.

We've  steadied the ship now and would be in a much better place for an automatic push next season if we are still in this division.

• Like 1

If we fail to go up he should be sacked immediately. 

D**ked around with the side too much and played players out of position. Too many off days away from home and questionable line ups and use of subs. 

I like Moore as a person but I think he’s a lot to learn as a manager. We should be doing better with the side we have but thankfully it’s still in our own hands. 

If we really can spend money again next season I’d like Farke as manager but I don’t think he’d drop to league 1. 

Please prove me wrong Darren Moore. UTO. 

9 minutes ago, parajack said:

Not really

It looked like we were going out of business or about to drop down another league

Consolidation then promotion the following season was probably the most reasonable expectation

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not really

It looked like we were going out of business or about to drop down another league

Consolidation then promotion the following season was probably the most reasonable expectation

Absolutely. People have short memories.

I really thought we were going out of business or going straight down again.

This season has been better than expected and i feel we are progressing. If we get promoted this season it will be an unbelievable bonus considering what has gone on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SamSWFC56383 said:

Do We stick with Moore next season if we are unsuccessful to get promoted ?

He ain't going anywhere, get used to it, he's rebuilding on and off the field 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

We should absolutely stick with him.  We have been hard to beat, only 8 defeats (so far) this season.

Only 4 teams have scored more and have a better goal difference than us.

Late goals and draws have killed us this season, if he can change those stats we could do some damage next year.

We came down with a squad that he has added loanees/freebies to because we have had no money to spend.

Next season is the season he should be judged on, especially if some cash becomes available for him.

Why are people constantly saying that we need to spend money on transfer fees?

This is L1 where pretty much all of the teams are built on free transfers. 

• Like 1