Moore’s Future if Promotion isn’t reached

6 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I don't hope so. 

I have to confess, that the race topic is always at the back of my mind when I read something about Moore and I always make my own judgement, if the comment is legitimate or racist. Therefore I openly claimed that it looks racist to me, if somebody tries to fire a manager "now".

Saying this, that does not automatically mean, that any grudge about DM is always race motivated and that people should not be critcal of him.

For example, I read all your posts especially because I rarely agree with them. It opens my eyes for different opinions. Although you are clearly critical of DM, I NEVER had the opinion, that your "dislike" of him had anything to do with race. 

You know what I mean?

I do,but our team is full of people of colour,fans cheer for them and are estatic when they do well......why would people focus on DM simply because he is black? doesnt make sense to look for racism in a critique of him,when its glaringly obvious he is getting critiqed for footballing matters...

13 draws.....being too defensive in outlook,leaving in form strikers on the bench for one blank firing.....Being the Coach of a team unable to defend free kicks, too much focus on 'playing it out'etc etc

YES he is brilliant at much of what Jim highlighted in his lenthy post,but to me that counts for nothing if the best we can do with our squad is  be 6th in Div 3,on GD...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I don't hope so. 

I have to confess, that the race topic is always at the back of my mind when I read something about Moore and I always make my own judgement, if the comment is legitimate or racist. Therefore I openly claimed that it looks racist to me, if somebody tries to fire a manager "now".

Saying this, that does not automatically mean, that any grudge about DM is always race motivated and that people should not be critcal of him.

For example, I read all your posts especially because I rarely agree with them. It opens my eyes for different opinions. Although you are clearly critical of DM, I NEVER had the opinion, that your "dislike" of him had anything to do with race. 

You know what I mean?

I criticize Moore, but it's not related to his race.

I was the one who did the Moore emojis, and I was glad he was appointed.

Using Old English words, we've got good spillers, a good manship, and we should be stying up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Hmmmm. 

If we miss out on the top 6, then I think some serious questions have to be asked tbh. 

If we do get in the play offs, but come up short, then I'd stick with him, albeit he would need to get off to a positive start next season. 

There are things I like about Moore, the recruitment, the style of football we usually play, but then I do have some misgivings about whether he's the guy who will eventually get us promoted. 

Also worth saying that with our chairman's track records, we could end up appointing someone much worse. 

Good post

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

I’d stick with him. I think he can attract the players and but for some injuries in the autumn I think we’d be looking at autos. It’s started to come together in recent months.

Only replace if there is a clear plan on a replacement. Learn from Sunderland 

Didn’t the good run coincide with the injuries meaning Moore couldn’t tinker with his selections? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

All the people who want him gone if we fail to get promoted would have wanted Big Ron and Big Jack out too.

Moore is building something at this club which I assume most can see. It would be madness to sack him and then try again and then what if that person doesn’t get promoted straight away. On and on and on etc.

This. We need a spell of continuity. Spinning the roulette wheel every time has proven not to work and increases debt. We benefitted for many years when BJ was given time to rebuild. Definitely needs more time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I don't hope so. 

You know what I mean?

You are literally the only person talking about race. Are you the one with the problem?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

I do,but our team is full of people of colour,fans cheer for them and are estatic when they do well......why would people focus on DM simply because he is black? doesnt make sense to look for racism in a critique of him,when its glaringly obvious he is getting critiqed for footballing matters...

13 draws.....being too defensive in outlook,leaving in form strikers on the bench for one blank firing.....Being the Coach of a team unable to defend free kicks, too much focus on 'playing it out'etc etc

YES he is brilliant at much of what Jim highlighted in his lenthy post,but to me that counts for nothing if the best we can do with our squad is  be 6th in Div 3,on GD...

Majority of fans are not racist. But sadly it would be naive to believe it isn't around.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Financially-speaking we can't afford to stay at this level.

Try as he might, Moore simply can't sort out the problem of our conceding goals from dead-ball situations.

And at this level that's a real problem.

Nor is he the best tactically.

Listening to and reading what the fans of other clubs say and write, most seem to think that with this squad we should at the very least be finishing in the play-offs.

If he fails to achieve that then he should go IMO.

Yet come the end of the season we may have just dropped 16 points from a possible 69 at home not bad for a Tactically inept manager, is it?

• Like 1

Think the emotion has to be taken out 

for me ( if I was chansiri ) Moore would have to down with a clear vision of what he needs to address the squad and how he wants to play 

here’s the positives the second half of the season has been much improved 

we look more like a cohesive team,  we create, and play sone good football and are generally the better team especially at home 

however our injuries in key positions especially up top has cost us goals we need to address this 

we need to address attacking and defending set pieces 

our squad is too small

the are some teams that nullified our play this season and made us ineffective especially in midfield when there tactics are go long and fight this skips out the midfield and we often get beat on set pieces 

obviously we are going to be left with holes in the squad with loan players returning 

goalkeeper 

3 Centre backs 

2 strikers 

a winger 

all set to return, then key players like luongo still not signed new contracts 

we need to add 

more height 

more pace 

more goals from strikers 

I’d also think that Moore would be demanding a new pitch or the necessary improvements to make it 

1) more playable 

2) less harder underneath 

of these can be pitched and addressed then I’d have confidence In him taking us into next season

this squad is certainly get more consistent results and playing better and I’d be wanting for that to progress rather than start again under a new manager with new methods 

question is with a budget not based entirely on frees and loans could Moore and the recruitment team backed by chansiri deliver what we need to take this squad forward 

in

GK

dean 

storey 

New ( lcb)

New CDF 

New Attacking midfielder 

New CF

new CF 

New winger / wing back 

out

peacock Farrel

Dean 

Storey

Gibson

shodipo

John Jules 

shodipo

kamberi

sow can be made a available if he’s got another year left for me 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, parajack said:

Depends what you are looking for... immediate short term success or a sustainable successful future

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strix said:

Sunderland have had 4 managers and 3 caretakers in their 4 seasons in League 1. Their record offers more of an argument to keep Moore than to bin him. 

Moore has been very frustrating at times, but he is steadily learning and improving. Because of that I'd give him another year. 

Their record doesn't offer an argument either way to be honest. If he's the right man he stays, if he's not he should go, that's the only thing that matters. 

Moore has shown he can change a game for the better, e.g. changes at Donny away, Wimbledon at home and even yesterday, but it's the fundamentals that are a huge worry along with some of his bizarre decisions that he even more annoyingly persists with, that's what's so incredibly frustrating about him and what worries me when and if we go into crunch time in the play offs. Those games more than ever are about concentration, resilience and key moments. Yesterday we missed chance after chance and conceded when Bolton weren't even applying loads of pressure.

He's been here over a year and still we look vulnerable at set plays (they scored from 1 set play yesterday but had a 2 free headers before, one of which was a complete sitter). And when questioned about it in his interview he threw his players under the bus with a bizarre answer about angles and a sports psychologist, he sounded completely out of ideas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Yet come the end of the season we may have just dropped 16 points from a possible 69 at home not bad for a Tactically inept manager, is it?

Mate we have dropped 26 points to press in draws,and in the early part of the season couldnt score ....you forgot that? we can all trot out stats, ...much of your earlier lenthy post i agreed with,but failure to get promotion this season,with this squad, no matter how you dress it up is abject failure.

We currently sit in a play off place,and i give DM credit for that,but our earlier mishaps mean that we really need to keep winning every match to stay there,to keep it in our own hands.

That may be achievable but realistically its not fair to expect the team/manager to do this.....We wouldnt though be in this position,were it not for the managers own decisions,especially in the early part of the season.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Majority of fans are not racist. But sadly it would be naive to believe it isn't around.

Spot on, there's plenty of wrong uns out there in society still. All insecure about themselves which is what drives such views.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Depends what you are looking for... immediate short term success or a sustainable successful future

You need immediate success in this league with the outgoings we have, it's not a holiday park. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

And what about the away form? It’s lies, damned lies and statistics and if we don’t go up it’s a massive failure regardless of the statistic you use to back up your argument. 

Just now, parajack said:

Why cant we do both?

because the quick and dirty is rarely sustainable and good in the long run

You can't built a proper foundation (as  Jim described) and expect immediate success at the same time.

Look at our history! 

40 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Think every other manager in this league would love to have had same "difficulties"  as DM, highest wage budget in league and squad packed full of championship experience.

I agree to a certain extent. But non of those teams were slapped with a 12 point deduction last season and have a slightly bonkers owner who is notoriously hard to work with, at the helm.

At one point we were ravaged by Covid, with a rumoured 7 players training in the first team. The following results were illustrative of that. 

On top of that, we've. Had a hideous amount of injuries - something that Moore seems to have been desperately trying to deal with. I think it was 12 first team players at one point? 

And the fact that he has managed to assemble a squad full of championship experience speaks volumes about the appeal of working with Moore. He must be doing something right. Why would he not appeal to incoming players next season? 

What we need is someone who can get us up.

Short-termist? Perhaps, but we just can't afford to stay at this level.

And would Moore be the right man in the Championship?

Would his style of football be suited to a team which would be relatively poor at that level?

I mean, if we're under-achieving at this level, or at best breaking even, how would we do in the division above?

• Haha 1