Moore’s Future if Promotion isn’t reached

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

With the squad we have, I personally don’t think it would take jose mourinho to get us out the division. 

Ye Gods, we deserve everything we get. We really do. 

Paul Warne has a team full of nobodies and journeymen in the hunt for a top 2 spot. 

Yet Mourinho wouldn't be able to get a team full of Championship players promoted out of a poor league. Okay then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

"Chase Moore out" - bit dramatic. 

Let's leave him in charge then and in 6 years we'll be delighted if we can scrape in the play offs with a squad littered with Championship loans. Having had a perfect opportunity in season one with a squad littered with Championship quality and experience. 

So melodramatic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Got to stay with him for another season. He needs to learn a lot quicker than he is doing so far though. It takes him longer to work things out than us lot. Great example being NML as a striker. We can all see it

But are we sure???

I was gryping all the time about Berahino. I could not understand, why DM gave him chance after chance.

Now I am gryping that he is not playing Berahino often enough

Maybe DM is right wis NML and we are all wrong? Who knows? Time will tell.

Edited by GermanBird
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

With the squad we have, I personally don’t think it would take jose mourinho to get us out the division. 

But equally, don’t think we need another ‘knows the division’ type. 

The likes of Daniel Farke or Chris Hughton spring to mind.

Re-read, apologies. Agreed. 

Although Hughton seems like a bit of a busted flush these days.

We are talking about a manager here who's latest penchant is to play a winger as an out & out striker and keep the striker who looked like he was just coming into form on the bench?

This is also after the fiasco of constantly playing Johnson at CB but who is now one of our major attacking outlets in his natural position.

It's either promotion or goodbye.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

"Chase Moore out" - bit dramatic. 

Let's leave him in charge then and in 6 years we'll be delighted if we can scrape in the play offs with a squad littered with Championship loans. Having had a perfect opportunity in season one with a squad littered with Championship quality and experience. 

You don’t know that for certain though do you. I am stating an actual fact; you are speculating. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

We are talking about a manager here who's latest penchant is to play a winger as an out & out striker and keep the striker who looked like he was just coming into form on the bench?

This is also after the fiasco of constantly playing Johnson at CB but who is now one of our major attacking outlets in his natural position.

It's either promotion or goodbye.

In defence of Moore, Johnson was played there during an injury crisis. 

The striker debacle I agree with, can understand his thinking with MDL pace and power, but it seems silly when Berahino is on the bench. 

I have to say that I've seen much worse managerial decisions. Forestieri at LWB anyone? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

No - DC has to bring someone in who has achieved a promotion of some sorts before IMO. 

What's the actual stats around this though?

Is it 100% proven that managers who have previously been promoted have gone on to repeat it regularly and that they are the best choice?

Or is it fact that managers who get promoted come out of nowhere and usually have no previous experience of it?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Right I’m going to stick my neck out and try to explain why my attitude towards Moore is totally different to my attitude towards Monk and then the good old folk of OT can shoot me down in flames.

This season hasn’t been perfect by any means. It was never going to be. Some aspects of this season have been under Moore’s control, other aspects like the constant injuries haven’t. 

Despite everything we still have a chance of promotion which wasn’t universally being predicted on here at the start of the season like some are saying. I think you’ll find relegation was a big concern amongst some. We’ve been nowhere near a relegation battle this season.

Do I like the passing style of play?

That we are actually scoring goals and winning regularly at home?

That we might finally have sorted out the Bannan conundrum?

That players aren’t constantly frozen out?

That the players seem to enjoy playing for their manager?

That the manager appreciates the support of the fans?

That the manager tries to look after the well being of his players after injury?

That we make early decisions on young players to try and give them a chance of a future elsewhere but give us a chance to bring others in who can potentially grow with us and do better?

That we push youngsters like Cadamarteri, Hall and Holland up the age groups quicker to potentially bring them up to first team standard quicker?

That we regularly have young players train with the first team?

That we have a manager who looks at the welfare of the entire club rather than just himself and the first team squad?

An emphatic YES to all of the above.

But let’s get rid of him because he has played NML as a central striker in 3 games where we’ve picked up 7/9 points.

I’ll tell you one thing, the next manager should we replace Moore in the summer may well get us out of League 1 but we’ll falter eventually because the foundations aren’t in place. We stick with Moore we’ll eventually prosper because the foundations actually will be laid.

Good post Jim

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

34 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's frustrating, cause we are not far off...but it's those fine details which make the difference between promotion and being nearly men. 

Play offs are always a lottery and we could always play brilliantly well and still end up missing out. 

If we actually miss out though, what with having it in our hands, then I think it becomes difficult to justify keeping Moore on, albeit you then face the prospect of another rebuild. 

That would be a concern although even if he stays there will inevitably be some surgery  this summer anyway with expiring contracts.

Probably like you I'm borderline in favour of keeping. As a club, notwithstanding  the league we're in, we seem to be in better shape than for a few years..... IMO.

The start of this season was not fun to watch and some of Moore’s decisions baffle me a bit but they are in the minority as far as I'm concerned.  Overall though I'm  enjoying this season more than for quite a while.

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

That would be a concern although even if he stays there will inevitably be some surgery  this summer anyway with expiring contracts.

Probably like you I'm borderline in favour of keeping. As a club, notwithstanding  the league we're in, we seem to be in better shape than for a few years..... IMO.

The start of this season was not fun to watch and some of Moore’s decisions baffle me a bit but they are in the minority as far as I'm concerned.  Overall though I'm  enjoying this season more than for quite a while.

Pretty much. 

It's a bit fence sitting, but that is genuinely where I am with it all. 

I like Moore as a bloke, I think he has some real positives as a head coach, but then he clearly has a few shortcomings too. 

Do we just get rid and end up starting all over again if things don't quite happen this season? It's a big call and there are never any guarantees when it comes to Sheffield Wednesday. 

• Like 1

I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t make the top 6 with the squad we have. Which in my opinion is one of the strongest squads in the league and I wouldn’t actually swap it for anyone else’s. So I feel the squad is underperforming, BUT Moore helped assemble that squad - and it’s clear he’s sorted out the disharmony that’s been around for 3 years too.  

So for that reason I would give him the summer to recruit for another league 1 campaign, hopefully with more shrewd loans and some wise money spent on players who will perform at this level. other teams like MK Dons have managed to snap up players like Twine on the cheap and we need to do the same. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

Right I’m going to stick my neck out and try to explain why my attitude towards Moore is totally different to my attitude towards Monk and then the good old folk of OT can shoot me down in flames.

This season hasn’t been perfect by any means. It was never going to be. Some aspects of this season have been under Moore’s control, other aspects like the constant injuries haven’t. 

Despite everything we still have a chance of promotion which wasn’t universally being predicted on here at the start of the season like some are saying. I think you’ll find relegation was a big concern amongst some. We’ve been nowhere near a relegation battle this season.

Do I like the passing style of play?

That we are actually scoring goals and winning regularly at home?

That we might finally have sorted out the Bannan conundrum?

That players aren’t constantly frozen out?

That the players seem to enjoy playing for their manager?

That the manager appreciates the support of the fans?

That the manager tries to look after the well being of his players after injury?

That we make early decisions on young players to try and give them a chance of a future elsewhere but give us a chance to bring others in who can potentially grow with us and do better?

That we push youngsters like Cadamarteri, Hall and Holland up the age groups quicker to potentially bring them up to first team standard quicker?

That we regularly have young players train with the first team?

That we have a manager who looks at the welfare of the entire club rather than just himself and the first team squad?

An emphatic YES to all of the above.

But let’s get rid of him because he has played NML as a central striker in 3 games where we’ve picked up 7/9 points.

I’ll tell you one thing, the next manager should we replace Moore in the summer may well get us out of League 1 but we’ll falter eventually because the foundations aren’t in place. We stick with Moore we’ll eventually prosper because the foundations actually will be laid.

The best post I’ve seen on this site for some time. Well said 👏👏👏👏

• Like 5
  • Love 1