Moore’s Future if Promotion isn’t reached

Unpopular opinion but even if we don’t go up I’d probably keep him. There’s things he does I’m not a fan of, but he’s not a bad manager and this isn’t a strong division.

We should be storming this league just like Rotherham always seem to do and how Wigan are doing this year. Experience and game management go a long way. The core of our team should still be here next year, we have the resources many clubs don’t to maintain a strong squad. 

We just need somebody to drag us out this division and then they’ll inevitably be replaced when we’re back in the Championship. I’d rather roll the dice on DM for another year than take another risk. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Unpopular opinion but even if we don’t go up I’d probably keep him. There’s things he does I’m not a fan of, but he’s not a bad manager and this isn’t a strong division.

We should be storming this league just like Rotherham always seem to do and how Wigan are doing this year. Experience and game management go a long way. The core of our team should still be here next year, we have the resources many clubs don’t to maintain a strong squad. 

We just need somebody to drag us out this division and then they’ll inevitably be replaced when we’re back in the Championship. I’d rather roll the dice on DM for another year than take another risk. 

It’s not an unpopular opinion. It’s just not the opinion of some very vocal fans. 

• Like 5

Just now, Owls2k said:

Cannot believe some of the leniency shown in this thread. 

We will sleepwalk into being League One also-rans if we're not careful. Look at Sunderland.  

Who could actually go up this season?

3 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

You say you'd probably keep him and then make numerous arguments for why he should be nowhere near the job. 

The longer we spend in this division the more the squad's quality will dwindle, and the importance of a top manager at this level goes up not down.

• Haha 1

Just now, Owls2k said:

We will sleepwalk into being League One also-rans if we're not careful. Look at Sunderland.  

Let’s chase Moore out then and let Chansiri choose another manager. We’ll have to start again with someone else and that someone else could be another Pulis, Monk or Jos. 
Let’s give this manager a good go at changing things. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Tbf, Sunderland are in the top 6 again and with a good chance of going up. 

I get your point, but I don't think it's just a case of showing leniency. 

It's also taking a step back and not thinking the only solution is to keep sacking managers. 

The next 5 or so games are massive for Moore. If we blow it and miss out on the top 6, then whilst I wouldn't be demanding his P.45 but I could completely understand why people are. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Steelman said:

No. He’s assembled a superb squad for next to nothing, but has no idea how to use it. 

His lack of in-game management, bizarre team selections and substitutions has cost us this season.

He can’t be allowed another. 

Very valid points and TBF I tend to think the same but then worry who do we get in, as the recent track record isn't very good.

Changing the manager starts the whole rebuilding process again and the possibility of at least another year in this league.

I think he has to at least achieve the play offs to be here next season but who knows.

With the squad we have, I personally don’t think it would take jose mourinho to get us out the division. 

But equally, don’t think we need another ‘knows the division’ type. 

The likes of Daniel Farke or Chris Hughton spring to mind.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jim said:

I totally agree with this. This job was never about just getting promotion back to the championship but it was about fixing a totally broken club which obviously is going to take a lot of time.

Unfortunately an important part of this broken club are the impatient demanding tw@ts amongst the fan base. A football manager can only fix them by winning every week which at a football club like ours is totally impossible.

So the future will see some other unfortunate candidate come in after the fans get their way with Moore being forced out and that candidate get his moves and decisions microscopically scrutinised and criticised every single match and he’ll go the same way as Moore and many others before him.

The only way this vicious circle stops is if DC totally believes in a manager and is strong enough to stick with that manager come what may or the fan base changes it’s ways. I wouldn’t put money on either happening so unfortunately we’re destined to float about in unfulfilled universe like a football version of Dr Who’s Tardis.

Yes! 
Can we say we’ve seen signs of continuous improvement in the “feel” of the club? I believe we have. 
It’s small steps but they are in the right direction. Let’s be patient and enjoy a sustainable period of improvement under a manager who seems to have the right values to rebuild us in the right way. 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, Sunderland are in the top 6 again and with a good chance of going up. 

I get your point, but I don't think it's just a case of showing leniency. 

It's also taking a step back and not thinking the only solution is to keep sacking managers. 

The next 5 or so games are massive for Moore. If we blow it and miss out on the top 6, then whilst I wouldn't be demanding his P.45 but I could completely understand why people are. 

Funnily enough, I wouldn't take 'a chance of going up' in the 6th League One season as anything to shout about. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, shandypants said:

Let’s chase Moore out then and let Chansiri choose another manager. We’ll have to start again with someone else and that someone else could be another Pulis, Monk or Jos. 
Let’s give this manager a good go at changing things. 

"Chase Moore out" - bit dramatic. 

Let's leave him in charge then and in 6 years we'll be delighted if we can scrape in the play offs with a squad littered with Championship loans. Having had a perfect opportunity in season one with a squad littered with Championship quality and experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm on the fence with this one.

This squad should be top two easily, and its draws against teams in bottom half that have cost us.

At times questionable team selections, late with subs and our good run started when Dele Bishiru was injured, Byers came in and we started playing better football with him Bannan and Luongo in midfiled, would Moore have stumbled upon this had Dele not been injured?

Having said that big improvement in second half of the season, hes built a very capable squad on free transfers and loans.

The other issue is who do you replace him with, no other candidates stand out!

• Like 1