Citeh v Liverpool

for having nowt better to do i watched this and fell asleep at 0-0  ........did wake up at 2-2 and  saw city score a good goal that was  disallowed coz someones  arm was off side i then turned over and watched the cricket .....

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SiJ said:

That's twice now Mahrez has ballooned it against Liverpool in the dying moments. 

Remember that pen at Anfield a few seasons back? 

Twice over a few seasons?

And this time coming on cold as a sub?

I lost interest in the first half.

That was like a boxing match where both teams spent 90 minutes testing each other out.

It was more about the coaches than the players.

Most exciting bit was when the Man City goalkeeper nearly walked it into the net.  

Does anybody really care who wins the PL?

33 minutes ago, BIG D said:

You didn’t enjoy that game?

Yea strangely I didn't...

I think i'm just getting more and more detached because of the level of money spent.

Liverpool and Citeh have just become two new superpowers in our game due to this.

De Bruyne is amazing player, probably the best in the world but I wouldn't want to guess his wages and we all know why he's there.

There was no real blood and thunder and it all felt too calculated.

Also the media is desperate for a story as interest would have waned if Citeh would have romped it.

8 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Good game and two very good sides, arguably the best in recent years, but it’s all too nicey nicey matey matey for me. Give me the Man U v Arsenal and Fergie v Arsene grudges any day.

This is a view I can get on board with. Although I’d probably go further than ‘very good’, I think they are (for their styles) amongst the most devastating teams in the entire EPL era. 

But there’s no edge to it at all, no feeling. If somebody is offering me a ticket to the game last weekend, or Man U v Arsenal around 2005, it doesn’t even need thinking about. 

• Like 1

It was a great game of football and the standard, certainly in terms of technique, is perhaps as high as we've seen between two top PL sides. 

But yeah, it is all very nicey. Everyone hugging each other at the end. 

Where is Martin Keown, Ray Parlour, Lauren shoving Ruud Van Nisetlrooy and trying to start a mass brawl? 

That Man U v Arsenal rivalry of the late 90s/early 00s was on a different level. Truth be told, the rivalries between Liverpool and Chelsea during that period (Rafa v Jose) had far more edge to them than this current rivalry. 

1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

Whoever didn't enjoy watching that or fell asleep during it has no interest in football whatsoever.

I didn’t enjoy it that much to be honest. Far too many mistakes. Found it incredibly frustrating 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, markg said:

I didn’t enjoy it that much to be honest. Far too many mistakes. Found it incredibly frustrating 

In what sense? 

Were you just sat there tutting at the screen or something? 

Edited by SiJ

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

In what sense? 

Were you just sat there tutting at the screen or something? 

😀I wasnt  tutting, I’m not that grumpy. 
sounds crazy as I watch us every week but the goals conceded and how easily they broke each other down frustrated me.

Don’t get me wrong, it was good entertainment but for some reason I just didn’t feel satisfied 

Edited by markg

1 minute ago, markg said:

😀I wasnt  tutting, I’m not that grumpy. 
sounds crazy as I watch us every week but the goals conceded and how easily they broke each other down frustrated me.

Don’t get me wrong, it was good entertainment but for some reason I just didn’t feel satisfied 

Tbf, it never ceases to surprise me how vulnerable Liverpool are in particular to a well placed long ball over the top. I suppose when you play such a high line, it's always a risk, but you don't really expect to see that from such a top side. 

I think the thing is with City and Liverpool is they really do defend on the edge. They take chances that most teams wouldn't because they're so good, whether it's crazy high lines, or both fullbacks bombing on. And most of the time, they get away with it, because they are so much better than everyone (bar Chelsea in an occasional one off) that they completely overwhelm the opposition. Yesterday, they met their equals and I suppose you see their shortcomings for lack of a better term. 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, it never ceases to surprise me how vulnerable Liverpool are in particular to a well placed long ball over the top. I suppose when you play such a high line, it's always a risk, but you don't really expect to see that from such a top side. 

I think the thing is with City and Liverpool is they really do defend on the edge. They take chances that most teams wouldn't because they're so good, whether it's crazy high lines, or both fullbacks bombing on. And most of the time, they get away with it, because they are so much better than everyone (bar Chelsea in an occasional one off) that they completely overwhelm the opposition. Yesterday, they met their equals and I suppose you see their shortcomings for lack of a better term. 

Yeah, great points. I see what you're saying.

I think me calling them mistakes probably isn't right. I guess you can't really play high lines like they both do whilst simultaneously being tight at the back.

Don't get me wrong, there were enjoyable moments in the game but it just wasn't really a type of match that I really enjoy.