Up Front

51 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You're not suggesting that was down to Berahino's introduction though, are you?

We looked threatening all game, with both Mendez-Laing and Berahino up top, but our goal came from two centre-backs combining from a corner.

Are you suggesting it’s a coincidence that in the 370 minutes NML has played up top we’ve scored 4, and in the same matches, against the same opposition, when he’s gone off we’ve scored 5 in 80 minutes?

We don’t score enough when he plays striker. He makes Johnson less effective and leaves Gregory isolated.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Yes he’s been involved in 25 league games and scored 6 league goals this season which is more league football (and goals) from Berahino than in any season since 2015/16

Cheers.

Did not know that.

Hopefully Moore is managing him through the season as well as can be hoped, then.

I know he spoke about having to build him back up to a League One-ready state earlier in the season when many on here wanted him out of the club, and it can't be easy playing so much more competitive football then he's been used to for the majority of his career.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Are you suggesting it’s a coincidence that in the 370 minutes NML has played up top we’ve scored 4, and in the same matches, against the same opposition, when he’s gone off we’ve scored 5 in 80 minutes?

We don’t score enough when he plays striker. He makes Johnson less effective and leaves Gregory isolated.

I don't think I am, no.