Do the players want it?

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I wonder if he actually touches on this late conceding or conceding from set pieces at all?

I'd he does it ain't working as we have been conceding late goals all season. 

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Onge said:

I didn't see a lack of effort or commitment today - just no-one brought their shooting boots.

In the warm up the goals were flying in. The worry is the players can’t apply the skills under pressure when it matters……. just as we get to the most pressurised part of the season!

Our expected goals were 2.88 compared to theirs being under 1 . We should have won the game and on another day we walk away with 3 points . A point away from home isn’t bad at all, Wycombe only made a draw at gillingham and so did Plymouth at burton . Both teams who are way further down the league than Bolton . No commitment lacking , saw plenty of passion and desire just a lacking finish . A fair few times the ball just didn’t drop . 

• Like 1

This lot are not good enough to get promoted. Dont have the mentality to grind out results when needed.

The Megson / Jones team would eat this lot for breakfast.

Poor to average manager

Flat track bullies

Only a couple of players would be able to hold down a regular starting spot in a Championship team.

Think we will still be a L1 team next season.

Guest Musttryharder

We may well miss out on the best chance of promorotion we are likely to see in a long time. With the squad of players for this league, most of ther managers in this league would die for half of them. The effort may well be there, but tactics and coaching are not. Set piece defending is Micky Mouse at best. DM will not change his ways as some have eluded to on here from his Doncaster Rovers days, its his way and he aint going to change for anyone. Frustrating to say the least. 

At this point of the season we should be all have a real promotion buzz , but it just doesn`t feel that way , and I think a lot of that is down to DM,s selectorial and tactical decisions.

Too often for a side in our position we appear passive and under motivated and more often than not his tinkering and substitutions make things worse not better.

His treatment of Berahino has been bizarre , we wait months for him to show something , then when he finally does , and scores a hat-trick , DM moves him back to the bench......................................and don`t get me started on conceding from set pieces , the guy played his entire career at centre half so you would think he would have some idea on how to defend them.............though apparently this is now the sports psychologists fault , not DM,s.

I have got everything crossed that he sees the light , next week is big......live on TV we can make a huge statement.......sensible team selection , round pegs and all that and let`s light the fuse.

I am sure that the players and the manager want promotion.

My worry today is the fanbase.  Do we want promotion enough to get behind the team?

It's just 8 games left (hopefully) and we still fight against our own team and our own manager??? Look at Owlstalk today.

What do we need as a fanbase to get behind the team and push for promotion?  

1 hour ago, meggoisgod said:

Effort is not the problem

I'm convinced we need to commit more bodies forward away from home and go for the kill

That's far to easy for some folk to grasp..... Including the man in charge.... If we'd gone with that attitude all season..... We'd be up now fella... 

I don't think we've seen a lack of effort all season to be honest. 

Some bad performances along the way and poor decision making but i've never questioned their effort. It's the first time in ages that I've still fancied us to get a result when going one down

• Like 1