Sack Moore Now!

13 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

**** this bit 100% ******

this tie was won OFF the pitch  

Sunderland's model has hardly been a success. For one, they aren't up yet. For another, if we followed it, we'd have to sack a manager every 6 months for the next 4 years in the hope that one happens to click

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

We don't deserve it as a fanbase, so stop putting up for mediocrity

47 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

The ones that argue that Moore should stay are the ones who are happy with failure. Thems the straight fax. 

It's staggering that there are those out there who can have such a petulant, angry attitude and believe it passes for some kind of wisdom or insight. 

Presumably, our 'level' (whatever that actually means in the real world) is the upper half of the Premier League? In case you haven't noticed we've spent 20 years going through managers on average about every other campaign, dozens and dozens of players and even several chairmen and owners, all whilst getting nowhere near our supposed birth right. Maybe there's a little more to it than just witless sloganeering, stamping your feet and declaring yourself superior to those who don't join in with your tantrums?

In fact, apart from a few years in each of the 80s and 90s, we haven't been anything like that status of club for more than half a century.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Spot on, did we call Jack Charlton a failure when we finished 14th in this league in his near on first 2 seasons in charge?  Not one single fan had a go at him on radio phone ins or fans letters page in local paper. 

Darren Moore deserves another crack at it without a doubt. 

And remember Ron Atkinson taking us down from the top flight in 1990? We scored 2 goals in the first 12 games as I recall. With the attitudes of today I doubt he would have lasted anything like long enough to lead us to promotion and our only major honour of the last 87 years the following season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, markg said:

Sunderland's model has hardly been a success. For one, they aren't up yet. For another, if we followed it, we'd have to sack a manager every 6 months for the next 4 years in the hope that one happens to click

talking about Alex NEIL v Moore (in isolation) here not comparing the running of clubs as an entirety  

49 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

He qualified for the playoff final, which is what we tried and failed to do.

Quick question, would you advocate Ainsworth for manager still if Wycombe lose in the final?

Effectively, he has then achieved the same as DM, made the playoffs, lost and not got promotion.

Just now, moyaowl said:

Quick question, would you advocate Ainsworth for manager still if Wycombe lose in the final?

Effectively, he has then achieved the same as DM, made the playoffs, lost and not got promotion.

I'm not advocating anyone, just replying to a question of what has he done.

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

And remember Ron Atkinson taking us down from the top flight in 1990? We scored 2 goals in the first 12 games as I recall. With the attitudes of today I doubt he would have lasted anything like long enough to lead us to promotion and our only major honour of the last 87 years the following season.

Don't keep talking sense, you just confuse the rabble.

Edited by Big Jack
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

talking about Alex NEIL v Moore (in isolation) here not comparing the running of clubs as an entirety  

The bloke who took Preston to 11th and then 16th in the Championship before being asked to leave?

The one who was out of work for almost a year?

The fella who needed us to play badly twice so he could eke out a win with an injury time goal?

Forgive me for not asking him to marry me. :dry: In the space of a weekend the bloke has become a genius.

• Like 3

Guest Jack the Hat
2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The bloke who took Preston to 11th and then 16th in the Championship before being asked to leave?

The one who was out of work for almost a year?

The fella who needed us to play badly twice so he could eke out a win with an injury time goal?

Forgive me for not asking him to marry me. :dry: In the space of a weekend the bloke has become a genius.

Thing is he is such a terrible manager yet tactically FAR SUPERIOR to Moore. 

I'm not surprised at the vitriol aimed at Darren Moore by a huge number of SWFC fans.

There has been a grim faced stubbornness not to appreciate his extremely good achievement of taking a team that most believed would be lucky to avoid relegation, and get them to 4th place in the league, with a huge points total and a squad of likeable committed players that he has someone gelled together over the course of a season.

I've said on twitter and I'll repeat it here :  If Gary Megson had done the same there would be calls for a statue of him outside the ground and demands he be given a contract for life. 

There's something about Moore a lot of our fans dislike , for no obvious reason I can see. 

He is a decent manger for this level and probably the next, and he's most definitely earned the chance to have another go at going up next season.  

• Like 4

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, Brad_owl said:

The ones that argue that Moore should stay are the ones who are happy with failure. Thems the straight fax. 

So many excuses for Moore it gets on my nerves. 

He seems a good manager to identify players (if it is him!) but his general tactics and matchday performance with a squad like ours is not something i can get behind. 

If we got Alex Neil in Jan would we have got promoted?  My view, probably!!

I agree. I also think Appleton would have got us promoted. I don't like either manager or rate them highly , but they are still light years ahead of Moore tactically. It's painful to watch, seeing the manager of our club being taken to school by average managers.

4 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

No he isn't.  That's absolute garbage.

Sunderland beat us with an injury time goal. 

' Far Superior'.   Yeah right. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jack the Hat said:

For the record, since Neil went there we have three more points than them (albeit with one extra game), they went down a place whilst we went up three. And they also needed us to be poor to squeak past us in injury time. Now that's what I call FAR SUPERIOR.

• Love 1

34 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

Fair enough. Neil is a very good manager.

It took a long time for Sunderland to stumble upon him though, and he still hasn't seen the job through. If Wycombe beat them, will everyone be saying we should have sacked Moore and gone after Ainsworth?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

I'm not surprised at the vitriol aimed at Darren Moore by a huge number of SWFC fans.

There has been a grim faced stubbornness not to appreciate his extremely good achievement of taking a team that most believed would be lucky to avoid relegation, and get them to 4th place in the league, with a huge points total and a squad of likeable committed players that he has someone gelled together over the course of a season.

I've said on twitter and I'll repeat it here :  If Gary Megson had done the same there would be calls for a statue of him outside the ground and demands he be given a contract for life. 

There's something about Moore a lot of our fans dislike , for no obvious reason I can see. 

He is a decent manger for this level and probably the next, and he's most definitely earned the chance to have another go at going up next season.  

Totally agree.

He has to win every game, easily, to escape any kind of criticism.

We have clearly made progress in a short space of time. He's done a very good job.

Guest Jack the Hat
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is so inaccurate

Check the stats/facts

Neil has managed double the games so it is impossible to compare. But if you want to scrape  a comparison together is win rate with sunderland is higher than Moore with us and he clearly won the tactical play off battle - surely you can't deny that?

Guest Jack the Hat
12 minutes ago, markg said:

Fair enough. Neil is a very good manager.

It took a long time for Sunderland to stumble upon him though, and he still hasn't seen the job through. If Wycombe beat them, will everyone be saying we should have sacked Moore and gone after Ainsworth?

Not true. Anyone can lose a one-off game, but with his record if they do lose they will be a force next season - Automatic probs, so I hope they go up.

22 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

But if you want to scrape  a comparison together is win rate with sunderland is higher than Moore with us and he clearly won the tactical play off battle - surely you can't deny that?

If you want to make a direct comparison, try comparing their respective win rates since Alex Neil became Sunderland Manager.

Neil - 53% win ratio

Moore - 63% win ratio

As to the play-offs, Sunderland indisputably won over two legs. But tactically? That's a matter of opinion. They won the first leg courtesy of a defensive error on our part rather than any tactical superiority. And in the return leg, they opted to dig in, sit on their lead and frustrate us. Hardly a tactical masterclass. And given that we eventually drew level on aggregate and were arguably in the ascendency until their goal, questionable whether it was even the right approach on Alex Neil's part. So no, I don't see a tactical mismatch.

• Like 3