Fans: Disgusting Behaviour

Just now, Sefton owl said:

Society being whom exactly? I’m not sure if you can simply blame poverty/lack of education for the misrepresentation of fans at football matches.

I dunno really mate - I've not got the solution really and understand that it's complex

The fact that policing has gone well soft has been taken advantage of though - that's for sure

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The day of realisation will come at different times to different people

I agree, people are starting to realise just how much the EU backed and still finance Russia, they are dependant on them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I dunno really mate - I've not got the solution really and understand that it's complex

The fact that policing has gone well soft has been taken advantage of though - that's for sure

Coppers just aren't what they used to be, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, Kelfin Platz said:

I agree, people are starting to realise just how much the EU backed and still finance Russia, they are dependant on them.

Let's get back to the topic mate

We've enough on discussing fans behaving like idiots without being dragged down Qanon nonsense

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Our away following has probably become a victim of its own success, most of the absolute diehards who hardly miss a match that I know are of advancing years and wouldn't undertake any of the behaviour mentioned here, a much younger element seem to have jumped on the "anything goes" away fan mentality and their two sniffs of the barmaids apron and coke (not the soft drink) addled mentality has lead to their shocking behaviour on the road, It won't be just SWFC that have this issue but it's not an easy one to resolve.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's get back to the topic mate

We've enough on discussing fans behaving like idiots without being dragged down Qanon nonsense

Oh, soz, I was just following you. Right, ok, lets get back to what we were talking about before someone mentioned Brexit.😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

It was pretty crappy at the train station. Home and away fans were separated out into a queuing system behind safety barriers. 

Some Wednesday followers burst through the barriers, climbed the fences and shoved other Owls fans out of the way. Got pretty scary for a minute or two as it funnelled onto the platform. 

Then on the train, squeezed on like sardines, somebody in the carriage was smoking an e-cig. Set off the alarm and got stuck outside Manchester until it was sorted. 

On their own, none of this is probably the worst behaviour in the world,  but added to other bits it gives me a sour taste at least. 

Yes it was so unnecessary, caused a lot of upset and if that's what our so called fans do amongst fellow Wednesday supporters we have got problems. 

A whole bunch of younger supporters who are off their head, lack any kind of morals or respect.

And they will drag us down, which is such a shame because our loyalty and dedication has been a constant for decades.

I think we need to stand up against this behaviour because it doesn't represent the average Wednesday fan.

And the police and authorities need to focus on the new breed of law breakers.

Just leave us to support our team.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, 1867tim said:

It isn't football culture because the overwhelming majority of supporters go to football to join like minded people and support their team.  This is an agressive and sometimes dangerous predominantly white male sub-culture that could and should be stamped out by the majority as well as the authorities.

Bit racist mate

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1867tim said:

It isn't football culture because the overwhelming majority of supporters go to football to join like minded people and support their team.  This is an agressive and sometimes dangerous predominantly white male sub-culture that could and should be stamped out by the majority as well as the authorities.

I feel left out, you didn't manage to squeeze white van men into your sweeping generalisation. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I feel left out, you didn't manage to squeeze white van men into your sweeping generalisation. 

White Van Men are too busy ranting at cyclists to have time to pop on a skeggy market knock offs stone island uniform and stand shouting at fans across the street from the safety of being behind a row of police 

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

7 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Our away following has probably become a victim of its own success, most of the absolute diehards who hardly miss a match that I know are of advancing years and wouldn't undertake any of the behaviour mentioned here, a much younger element seem to have jumped on the "anything goes" away fan mentality and their two sniffs of the barmaids apron and coke (not the soft drink) addled mentality has lead to their shocking behaviour on the road, It won't be just SWFC that have this issue but it's not an easy one to resolve.

The elder element inspired the younger element.  Monkey see, monkey do. 

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s discipline that’s gone in general. Just look at way kids behave in schools these days. Very little respect all round in society and contempt breeds contempt.

Edited by GMOwl72

Guest mrbluesky
9 hours ago, 1867tim said:

Dress it up however you want, it’s the culture within football, it’s not just the violence, try going to a rugby game, you’ll soon notice the difference