Fans: Disgusting Behaviour

On 09/04/2022 at 18:39, Asio otus said:

These people always need identifying and banning from matches. I have had plenty of arguments with young nob heads with flares and been close to being hit by one.

If you know people who are throwing missiles, we have a duty to report them, those stood around laughing are colluding in their actions.

So did you do your bit ? Submit any photo's to police or did you just hang around until the excitement died down.

It is a difficult one, not being the best behaved kid (nor the worst) I dont mind kids (16-25) being a bit daft and I am not offended by flairs.

Now a bit older I take my young kids in the home end at away games, mainly because I cant get tickets through not enough points. But also I am unsure what it is truly like. I would like to take the eldest to appreciate the true away atmosphere only an away game can give, but I am unsure whether to beacause what is said on here.

Would you take your 14 year old daughter to a Wednesday away game?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

It is a difficult one, not being the best behaved kid (nor the worst) I dont mind kids (16-25) being a bit daft and I am not offended by flairs.

Now a bit older I take my young kids in the home end at away games, mainly because I cant get tickets through not enough points. But also I am unsure what it is truly like. I would like to take the eldest to appreciate the true away atmosphere only an away game can give, but I am unsure whether to beacause what is said on here.

Seem to be plenty of females who go in the away end from the very young to the very old. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So did you do your bit ? Submit any photo's to police or did you just hang around until the excitement died down.

I did not witness anything on Saturday. But i have reported people in the past and taken seat numbers to report individuals. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Took my 14 year old daughter and 12 year old son on Saturday and it was fine. .....just get em some flares so they can join in the fun and take them to the local sweet shop to fill their pockets.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Mine's only 7, but at 14 i'll take her for sure.

You need experiences growing up instead of sheltering from everything IMO.

• Like 2

Football has always been like this.

What has changed is the demographics of a football crowd and perceived levels of entitlement.

The relationship between the increase in the number middle class supporters (as working class supporters get priced out of the game), and the number of complaints at football matches, is directly proportional. 

Middle class liberals dictating how others should speak, and behave, is nothing new, however there are now more of them about, and on the whole, they see themselves as setting the benchmark for all aspects of others' lives.

Naturally this only acts as a catalyst for incressed rebellious behaviour, so you could argue the middle class liberal supporter is to blame for the increase in rowdy behaviour at games.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

What has changed is the demographics of a football crowd and perceived levels of entitlement.

The relationship between the increase in the number middle class supporters (as working class supporters get priced out of the game), and the number of complaints at football matches, is directly proportional. 

Middle class liberals dictating how others should speak, and behave, is nothing new, however there are now more of them about, and on the whole, they see themselves as setting the benchmark for all aspects of others' lives.

Naturally this only acts as a catalyst for incressed rebellious behaviour, so you could argue the middle class liberal supporter is to blame for the increase in rowdy behaviour at games.

And working class supporters can't be offended? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Faint.gif.38b2dee969e4970bcee735fe07721770.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Football has allways been like this..thousands of fans descend on a town or city..a few skirmishes kick off...then everybody goes home and forgets about it...it dosnt really matter in the big scheme of things..in fact GMP have said there wer only about 4 arrests..all for public order offences...none for shoplifting by the way..I’m sure they would have took that b4 the game....we move on

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Well summed up.  

I think we should expedite the eradication of the working classes from football.  

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, The coach said:

in fact GMP have said there wer only about 4 arrests..all for public order offences...none for shoplifting by the way 

Ahhhh man

Our fans are letting the club down massively here

Those stats are horrific reading

Not a single person arrested for nicking a kit-kat from the local shop?

COME ON LADS FFS - UP YA GAME

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

I would recognise the issue , and instead of trying to squash it I would legalise and formalise the whole thing.

basically have a massive its a knockout thing on the pitch from say 12 to 2 which fans who fancy a bit of a tear up can turn up to, put on one of those massive costumes like they used to and have a right go at each other.

Bit of tug of war, bit of wellie throwing ,

dodge ball etc.  make a competition out of it with a league . 

Anyone misbehaving and throwing stuff outside of those two hours just gets banned.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I would recognise the issue , and instead of trying to squash it I would legalise and formalise the whole thing.

basically have a massive its a knockout thing on the pitch from say 12 to 2 which fans who fancy a bit of a tear up can turn up to, put on one of those massive costumes like they used to and have a right go at each other.

Bit of tug of war, bit of wellie throwing ,

dodge ball etc.  make a competition out of it with a league . 

Anyone misbehaving and throwing stuff outside of those two hours just gets banned.  

Winner gets a tray of Subway Nachos

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, musingowl said:

Doesn't need 16 pages of debate here.

My brother nearly got hit by a flare Saturday, could have caused serious injury a few feet to the left.

On top of that, they look properly sh^te.

There's nobody who will defend football fans to ignorant comments more than me, but Saturday, along with over the course of the season, I'm struggling to articulate an argument.

Flares, fighting, shouting in families/ elderly supporters faces, lads getting their cocktail sausages out when there's kids present, racist bile.

Too much coke going up the noses of lads with too few brain cells.

And before I'm jumped on, yes I'm working class, yes I enjoy a good drink on a matchday, no I don't like a completely sanitised product. 

I've just got a low tolerance of c***s.

Also it's clearly not helping the atmosphere home or away, as it's as flat as I can recall it.

Ah come on, give them a break.

They're only fighting, throwing flares, exposing themselves in public, and being racist because there are more middle class liberals in the crowd than there used to be.

Or summat.

:ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

You could.....but only a complete fukwit would even try

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1