NML as striker

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

If Moore has decided our best partner for Gregory is NML we play in League 1 next season.

Simple as that. 

And, it looks like he has decided that.

You are definitely becoming a bit draining

Some of your content used to be quite interesting but now you just latch on to whatever suits your argument in the moment

Mins per goal

Appearances

Partnerships 

Form

Just be a bit more authentic because IMO you are actually one of the better posters

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

If Moore has decided our best partner for Gregory is NML we play in League 1 next season.

Simple as that. 

Bit of an overreaction isn’t it? Anyhow if that’s what you think I’ll see you next season. I’ll stay along for the ride, just in case you’re not correct on this one. 

Just now, Django said:

This can’t be allowed to happen again 

Problem with Moore is that he realises something isn’t working about 6 months after everyone else 

Worse. It takes the player getting injured so he can no longer play him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It’s not for me. 

I feel for Paterson & Berahino

Paterson’s last start came against Gillingham away where he didn’t play so well. But prior to that he scored 4 goals in 5 games. Since Gills he was given 5 minutes playing time until today and even managed to provide the key assist last week during those 5 minutes split over 2 games. 

Berahino similar. Scored 3 against Cambridge and the following game at home to Accrington he doesn’t play aswell and subsequently hasn’t been given a start since. 

Where as NML as started 3 games upfront and contributed little. He’s a very good player out wide by is lacking through the middle. 

Seems 1 bad game can overshadow 4/5 decent games for some players. NML hasn’t deserved to start the last 3 games through the middle. 

Edited by 0114
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Makes no sense, he’s a very talented player but DM just needs to accept he can’t get in the side ahead of hunt or Johnson. It’s the same old story trying to shoehorn players in where not necessary as opposed to using players that are actually strikers.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Looks so much more threatening when he’s got the ball at his feet and space in front of him to run in to. He doesn’t get that playing centre forward where he’s either got his back to goal or looking to get in behind or on the end of crosses - that’s just not his game. He’s a creator, not a finisher

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Simple as that. 

14 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

I think DM shoe horns him in as he can’t drop Hunt or Johnson. He isn’t a striker though. Berahino should be starting 

Agree with both, I think that’s the only reason why NML is playing upfront due to Hunt scoring in back to back games making him basically undroppable.

The big two chances NML missed in the first half I’m certain Berahino or Paterson would have scored one or at least hit the target. In the playoffs the small details are everything, we need him in his best position RWB or on the bench. 

Its like the Johnson situation all over again, it’s so obvious to us all a player doesn’t fit in that position but yet DM keeps forcing it anyway? I hope he adjusts after this week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hes got it the wrong way around, you start with 2 strikers and then if he must play NML as striker you do switch it later in the game to stretch your opponent with his pace. 

All NML best performances have been from wide, not surprising really is it. 

• Like 2