Kieren Westwood doing Kieren Westwood things

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

You can rattle on all you want about agendas.

we brought him back in January and he played in midfield .  How many goals or assists did he contribute ? 
we were second bottom when we signed him and finished bottom. He literally made us worse.

he has been good this season but he was absolutely hopeless last season.

He played 11 games in defence and 11 games as a holding midfielder. 1 goal scored, 0 assists.

According to the fans at least (the match ratings threads) we used 29 players that season and Hutchinson was one of only 10 to have an average rating above 6.

(the others were Flint, Luongo, Westwood, Lees, Iorfa, Urhoghide, Dunkley, Bannan and Rhodes)

59 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

He played 11 games in defence and 11 games as a holding midfielder. 1 goal scored, 0 assists.

According to the fans at least (the match ratings threads) we used 29 players that season and Hutchinson was one of only 10 to have an average rating above 6.

(the others were Flint, Luongo, Westwood, Lees, Iorfa, Urhoghide, Dunkley, Bannan and Rhodes)

I thought he played quite well considering it appeared he was playing whilst wearing lead boots.

On 10/04/2022 at 00:13, SiJ said:

I mean, he's only just go there, and already pulling that sh*te. 

Every Xmas, every Easter he would normally have some injury in the warmup. 

By and large, he was a brilliant keeper for us, but we did the right thing moving him on in the summer. 

Apparently the reporters weren't quite right and he was actually ill all week, tried the warm up and wasnt well enough so had to pull out. Was something they were gambling on him being able to pull through. 

After another defeat they might now go with the young keeper who deputised anyway seeing as their seasons essentially over. 

Agreed we did the right thing in moving him on though, missed far too many games across a season for a while 

On 10/04/2022 at 18:54, @owlstalk said:

Foooook ME 

it's 2022 and people STILL use the old 'agendas' to try and gain the upper ground in a debate where they know their points aren't strong enough

That's quite sad to read

Irony

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Anthndav said:

He was sick apparently, vomiting heavily in the warm up. 

I think this one time he can be forgiven 🤣

Brings back Sunday morning football 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anthndav said:

He was sick apparently, vomiting heavily in the warm up. 

I think this one time he can be forgiven 🤣

No way mate..he should be made to play whilst spewin all over the penalty area..bet he wer only bein sick cus he wanted this weekend off...or summat like that..🤨

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Never known a keeper to get injured so much. 

Premier league quality if it wasn’t for his injuries. 

He had two seasons with us where he was probably the best keeper in the championship so yes you could say that, however previously he had failed to dislodge the mighty Simon Mignolet from a Sunderland team which would be evidence to the contrary.

21 minutes ago, 83owl said:

He had two seasons with us where he was probably the best keeper in the championship so yes you could say that, however previously he had failed to dislodge the mighty Simon Mignolet from a Sunderland team which would be evidence to the contrary.

Mignolet who’s played champions league football for Liverpool and about 30 times for Belgium? 

2 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Mignolet who’s played champions league football for Liverpool and about 30 times for Belgium? 

Yes that’s the one. He was only 22 at Sunderland so young for a keeper. A player in his prime age as KW was would have been preferred had they been good enough.

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

Yes that’s the one. He was only 22 at Sunderland so young for a keeper. A player in his prime age as KW was would have been preferred had they been good enough.

Being good enough to start in the prem and being good enough to start ahead of a young keeper whos performances got him a move to Liverpool as their starting goalkeeper are 2 different things though in fairness.  

3 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Being good enough to start in the prem and being good enough to start ahead of a young keeper whos performances got him a move to Liverpool as their starting goalkeeper are 2 different things though in fairness.  

Yes I think mignolet was maybe soured by the way he ended at Liverpool but was considered an excellent prospect at first I suppose.

• Like 1

Really can’t believe what I read on here half the time.

There’s no doubt in my mind as to Westwood’s integrity. No footballer wants to sit out, let alone a keeper.

His injuries were down to an ageing body. 

I think the only thing he’s guilty of is being too stubborn to have not retired at the end of last season, or even the season before. 

Still pound for pound the best keeper post 90s we’ve had.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Really can’t believe what I read on here half the time.

There’s no doubt in my mind as to Westwood’s integrity. No footballer wants to sit out, let alone a keeper.

His injuries were down to an ageing body. 

I think the only thing he’s guilty of is being too stubborn to have not retired at the end of last season, or even the season before. 

Still pound for pound the best keeper post 90s we’ve had.

Ok Flying owl. 
will take your wise judgement over two previous managers who threw him out of the squad, and the current manager who released him. 

• Like 1

Pulis and Monk

lol

Its been said loads of times, proper managers (Carlos and Bruce) had no problems with him at all. Bullen brought him straight back in. 
It was the sh ite managers who had problems with him (and Hutchinson). Awful man managers.