Kane or Benzema… who’s better ?

Kane is a Premier League headliner, and will go down (regardless of any future moves) as an outstanding performer. A relentless domestic goalscorer, with a stunning international record and a WC golden boot to

to top it off. 

But Benzema isn’t even in the same conversation. Levels above. 4 Champions Leagues. Real’s 3rd highest ever goalscorer, and (I think) nobody has created more goals for them in their history. An incredible player who just happened to be outshone by/in the shadow of one of the GOATs at his club for many years. 

• Like 3

Benzema, hands down.

Brilliant player, took the back seat at Real whilst Ronaldo was there and took all the headlights. But he's been consistent season after season, and it's only since Ronaldo left that people have taken as much notice. 

9 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Whichever of them is “better”, one look at their honours lists makes the statement “nearly at Kane’s level” absolutely hysterical. 

You play for Lyon and madrid it stands reason that your going to win more honours than someone who plays for spurs ...I believe kane as scored more at the top level of the game so the comparison cant be that hysterical  .

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

You play for Lyon and madrid it stands reason that your going to win more honours than someone who plays for spurs ...I believe kane as scored more at the top level of the game so the comparison cant be that hysterical  .

You miss the point.

Which of them is actually the better player is subjective. There is no answer, it's just an opinion, and like comparisons between any other players in history, people could debate that for decades without an actual answer.

But Micah Richard specifically talked about "levels", suggesting Benzema is at a lower level than Kane. Benzema's standard and his level is set in black and white with the trophies he's won. His "level" is winning honour after honour. He doesn't need to step up to Kane's level.. it's the complete opposite. 

• Like 1

I like Micah Richards, but he doesn't half state some guff and his one about Benzema is right up there. 

A top, top player who had to play in the shadow of arguably the world's most high profile footballer. 

Kane is a great player, but he's won nothing. Harsh as it might seem to some, I think you've got to have a trophy or two to your name to be viewed at the absolute elite level, certainly when you hang you boots up. 

I think the fact that Kane doesn't play for a team that sweeps all before them yet is still the best striker in the PL makes the case for him

He would be playing for the probably the best team in the world now if Spurs hadn't dug their heels in 

A big loss for both Kane and City

9 hours ago, Skyline said:

Benzema, hands down.

Brilliant player, took the back seat at Real whilst Ronaldo was there and took all the headlights. But he's been consistent season after season, and it's only since Ronaldo left that people have taken as much notice. 

But to be fair, although the squad struggled to get home at night, Ronaldo did end up with quite a handsome collection.

Screenshot_20220408_175159.jpg.0cb7a935ba8ce9c0c114e8cbb770079f.jpg

• Haha 5

If Micah Richards meant footballing ability then it’s probably marginal… Kane 5% the better finisher… Benzema 5% better at creating chances for others etc. 

When you see that header by Benzema vs Chelsea then there probably isn’t 5% in it. 

Seems like our English based pundits have a slight bit of bias.