Saturday 9th April games - Who will drop points?

I think Wimbledon will get at least a draw against MK. Always some needle in this game and Wimbledon are desperate for the points.

Also think Gillingham’s need for points will count against Wycombe.

Oxford will beat Sunderland.

The nerves will get to Rotherham.

Expecting Wednesday, Wigan and Plymouth to win

I think MKD could drop points at Wimbledon.

The history between the two must get the Wimbledon players/fans really pumped up for it. Add to that the fact they're fighting for their lives and have just got a new manager to impress, I wouldn't be surprised to see a home win there.

Rotherham will have to get their heads straight. After an extra-time victory at Wembley they find themselves out of the top 2 for the first time in ages, so the pressure is on them. Too much celebrating their pizza cup success could lead to some players losing focus and they're not in the best form recently either. I predict a draw.

As for us, I genuinely think we'll win at Bolton. They're out of contention for the play-offs in reality and have suffered injuries in midweek. We on the other hand have had a full week to prepare and are desperate to cement a place in the top 6.

• Like 2

In reality we just need to keep ahead of two out of Sunderland, Wycombe and Oxford. As Sunderland are playing Oxford at least one of them will drop points, maybe both.

We win and we'll be laughing and anything less will be very disappointing. Just hope we go for it and don't end up being more worried about losing than getting three points. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, paulrs said:

Bolton will be tough. Their record from the last 17 games is W10 D4 L3 which is 2pts per game - automatic promotion form. Although they’ve only won 2 out the last 7 both against struggling sides so they seem to have gone slightly off the boil. Nevertheless I’d be okay with a point. 

Plymouths is a must-win cos their remaining fixtures after Burton are very tough.

Fancy Wycombe to win again and Oxford/Sunderland to draw. 

They lost Santos, Afolayan and Dempsey with Hamstring injuries last night. Santos and Afolayan  have played the most minutes in their squad this season . Afoliayan is their top scorer, and both are in the top four of their player ratings  this season. Lets hope we can take advantage?

Was going to say Wednesday until I saw the Bolton injury problems, but now I’ll go for both Oxford and Sunderland which looks a good bet for a draw, and MK Dons on the wrong end of a new manager bounce a AFC Wimbledon.

• Like 1

Guest Andy W
On 06/04/2022 at 07:58, GermanBird said:

Here are the next games.  Who will drop points this time?

image.png.2fd6c6e97d37504df8f362fb57e2f165.png

I'm looking forward to your predictions!

I guess Wigan (draw), Sunderland (loss) and Rotherham (draw) will drop some points.

We ar overdue a f**k up, so we'll lose I expect

On 06/04/2022 at 07:58, GermanBird said:

Here are the next games.  Who will drop points this time?

image.png.2fd6c6e97d37504df8f362fb57e2f165.png

I'm looking forward to your predictions!

I guess Wigan (draw), Sunderland (loss) and Rotherham (draw) will drop some points.

Wycombe Wigan and definitely either Sunderland or Oxford as they play each other. If we win that should calm the nerves a little. Until the next game. 

• Like 1

Bolton are having to play a complete patched up side sound from their manager they are missing even more players than the 3 injured midweek.

We should be taking full advantage and I think we will. 1-3

Saturday could be a great round of fixtures, can see lots of points being dropped by those around us. 

Interestingly 4 including us of top 7 last 5 games form reads won 3 drawn 2. Wigan Wycombe and Sunderland are the others. Mk dons won 4 drawn 1. Its going to be very close. 

Realistically 4th is probably our position we will finish up in. So the top three above us can beat the teams around us and we should be fine.

1 minute ago, Box_Man said:

Bolton are having to play a complete patched up side sound from their manager they are missing even more players than the 3 injured midweek.

We should be taking full advantage and I think we will. 1-3

Saturday could be a great round of fixtures, can see lots of points being dropped by those around us. 

It's going to be a huge factor for Bolton the number of players missing and they seem to be their most influential players aswell.