League 1 games tonight

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

but it is simple we win our next 6 games we  are guaranteed a top 6 finish.

I'm sure you are right, but I still enjoy watching the competition for the promotion run-in and it would be so much nicer, if nobody had any games on hand.

Some here discuss how many points we need for promotion; I rather enjoy to watch the position of the other teams, which is very difficult this season.

Guest mrbluesky
3 hours ago, Johnny Fantham said:

7 matches:

AFC Wimbledon-Charlton Home 

Cambridge Utd-Wycombe Away

Fleetwood-Lincoln City Draw

Milton Keynes-Crewe Alexandra Home

Morecambe-Oxford Utd Away

Wigan Athletic-Accrington Home

Bolton-Portsmouth Away

Oxford will go above us if they win. But Wycombe need a 6 goal win to overtake us, so we're pretty safe for staying in the top 6.

No matches between our competitors, so let's look for as many dropped points as possible 

The normal Wednesday way would see every result going our way at 9.30 only for last minute winners all over the place to really break our hearts. Owt less than that is a bonus in my opinion. Might be worth a quid on an accumulater backing all the teams we want to lose to win if you follow my thinking. I can't be bothered to work out who though 😂 

Edited by latemodelchild
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Am I the only person who gets annoyed at how the fixtures keep getting out of synch? Why is so difficult to keep at least the majority of clubs on the same number of games? I don’t even have a particularly strong reason for finding it annoying but I do, particularly at this stage of the season!

Covid, cup competitions and waterlogged pitches have all led to fixtures being re-arranged so there's always going to be some clubs playing catch-up.

2 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

No it annoys me too. I feel there is additional pressure when you are playing catch up in terms of games and other clubs already have points on the board.

On the other hand, it takes the pressure off if we are still ahead of them with matches in hand.

35 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

The normal Wednesday way would see every result going our way at 9.30 only for last minute winners all over the place to really break our hearts. Owt less than that is a bonus in my opinion. Might be worth a quid on an accumulater backing all the teams we want to lose to win if you follow my thinking. I can't be bothered to work out who though 😂 

The only games that really effect us tonight are the Oxford and Wycombe games, Not really bothered about Rotherham, Wigan and Mk Dons now , also Bolton and Pompey won't catch us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Bolton v Portsmouth hopefully is a draw which will just about kill of both teams chances. They would then have to win every game left and rely on teams above them to have poor runs.

Could do with Bolton feeling deflated that their chance has gone for Saturday's game.

Any points dropped by Wycombe and Oxford tonight will be a bonus.

Bolton maximum points tally is now only 77 which almost certainly isn’t going to be enough for top 6. Portsmouth are just about out of the reckoning now.

Wycombe and Oxford are the results to watch out for tonight.

• Like 2

Just now, Kew Owl said:

Bolton maximum points tally is now only 77 which almost certainly isn’t going to be enough for top 6. Portsmouth are just about out of the reckoning now.

Wycombe and Oxford are the results to watch out for tonight.

Yes they have to win every game. Hopefully they won't tonight and they will be flat for Saturday. If they win tonight they know Saturday is a must win for them, so it could be a tough game for us.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

There is this thing called a world pandemic that has affected every football team in the world and been the primary reason why so many games have not been played at the correct time.

but it is simple we win our next 6 games we  are guaranteed a top 6 finish.

Are these games all ones rescheduled due to COVID? If so why are so many teams now on the same number of games!

Ah fûck it. I don't care than much to keep banging on about it. 
As you say (and indeed I’ve said plenty of times) it’s in our own hands. 
I almost never get irritated and I don’t really know why I care about this?!? Or maybe now I’ve vented maybe I don’t care?!

Up the Owls!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Are these games all ones rescheduled due to COVID? If so why are so many teams now on the same number of games!

Ah fûck it. I don't care than much to keep banging on about it. 
As you say (and indeed I’ve said plenty of times) it’s in our own hands. 
I almost never get irritated and I don’t really know why I care about this?!? Or maybe now I’ve vented maybe I don’t care?!

Up the Owls!!

Saturday is the 42nd matchday.

Fleetwood is our "game in hand" with tickets already sold

So we are all still catching up 

(apart from Gillingham, Cheltenham, Shrewsbury, Doncaster, Ipswich and Plymouth)

5 hours ago, fatbloke no1 said:

Let's just win our games,not bother about rest

I prefer to win all our games and hope the rest lose.

Obviously not all the rest as that would be impossible, I realise that, just wanted to make that clear in case of a clever response lol

• Like 1

After being top of the table since January, Rotherham are likely to drop straight out of the top two and into the play-offs if the results go as expected tonight.

They looked like absolute certs for promotion just a few weeks ago. 

9 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

After being top of the table since January, Rotherham are likely to drop straight out of the top two and into the play-offs if the results go as expected tonight.

They looked like absolute certs for promotion just a few weeks ago. 

I know I’m tempting fate but I’d be happy to play Rham in the playoffs.