League 1 games tonight

1 hour ago, paulrs said:

Said on here yesterday I fancy Wycombe to be the biggest threat although I didn’t seem them hitting 4 at Cambridge who are very decent at home.

Agree I make Oxford the outsiders now due to form and fixtures and I Still think Plymouth might blow it… be tough to get more than 4 or 5 points from their remaining matches

Under Ainsworth, Wycombe are one kf the most unpopular teams around the league. Firstly the jammy gets getting promoted despite being 8th when the league ended in Covid. Secondly the tactics they employ. Diabolical time-wasting and cheating in all areas of the pitch. You dont have to do much research to see what other teams think about them. For that reason I think they'll finish 6th and would have to face them at any point in the play offs. 

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

Wtf have they got to do with how many points we chucked away with goalkeeping errors this season .

Errr..cus we would have gained less pts this season with with either pf those in goal...i guarantee it

1 hour ago, paulrs said:

Said on here yesterday I fancy Wycombe to be the biggest threat although I didn’t seem them hitting 4 at Cambridge who are very decent at home.

Agree I make Oxford the outsiders now due to form and fixtures and I Still think Plymouth might blow it… be tough to get more than 4 or 5 points from their remaining matches

Plymouth are decent though not a bottom 4 team no team will want to play them not the other way around. 

11 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Under Ainsworth, Wycombe are one kf the most unpopular teams around the league. Firstly the jammy gets getting promoted despite being 8th when the league ended in Covid. Secondly the tactics they employ. Diabolical time-wasting and cheating in all areas of the pitch. You dont have to do much research to see what other teams think about them. For that reason I think they'll finish 6th and would have to face them at any point in the play offs. 

Yes but don’t forget Ainsworth has long hair, wears a leather coat and rides a motorbike so everything is fine. 😀😀😀

Plymouth have done very well considering they lost a manger and came through the pack when everyone has been so consistent.

Oxford for so long kept winning and scoring late goals. Shows how tight it is 2 defeats and they are now facing an almost must win game against Sunderland. 

Really enjoyed this season. No matter what the outcome its been great looking forward to matches again! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Dempsey, Santos and Afolayan all off injured with hamstring injuries. That's their best centre half, a centre mid, and their top scorer. Not a chance will any of them 3 be 100% fit in 3 days time, huge boost for us that

Hate to be the harbinger of doom but...

The third substitution was made on 70 mins when 0-1 down. They went on to draw with those three players off the field (one replaced by Kachunga!). So, purely on the evidence of yesterday's match, they were better without their best centre half, a first choice CM, and their top scorer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

Hate to be the harbinger of doom but...

The third substitution was made on 70 mins when 0-1 down. They went on to draw with those three players off the field (one replaced by Kachunga!). So, purely on the evidence of yesterday's match, they were better without their best centre half, a first choice CM, and their top scorer.

From what Kachunga showed here I would be happy if he did start...

4 hours ago, morganowl said:

i do not just to see there faces go red but it might mean a 5 mile away trip in playoffs instead of an almost impossible journey to plymouth 

And if we can dominate them the way we did at Hillsborough but have strikers on the pitch we are laughing 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

. Heck, just in the past few games alone, Peacock-Farrell has pulled off vital saves which have almost certainly cancelled out any dropped directly due to his actions.

The vital saves are what he's  paid to do and yes he's  done his job lately ....BUT

....he's  cost us points and no matter  how many great saves that win us games there points  we can never get back .

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, morganowl said:

i do not just to see there faces go red but it might mean a 5 mile away trip in playoffs instead of an almost impossible journey to plymouth 

'Almost impossible journey to Plymouth'..whys that then???😂😂😂

🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

The vital saves are what he's  paid to do and yes he's  done his job lately ....BUT

....he's  cost us points and no matter  how many great saves that win us games there points  we can never get back .

All our players are paid to do a job, which they do to the best of their abilities.

Do you consider every mistimed tackle, wayward pass, or fluffed shot when assigning responsibility for dropped points, or is it just the 'keeper who bears this responsibility?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

All our players are paid to do a job, which they do to the best of their abilities.

Do you consider every mistimed tackle, wayward pass, or fluffed shot when assigning responsibility for dropped points, or is it just the 'keeper who bears this responsibility?

It's a tough position outfield players can miss chance after chance and score a last minute winner and there an hero the poor keeper can make save after save let one slip  thru his hands in the last minute and cost the game ..... 

13 minutes ago, torryowl said:

It's a tough position outfield players can miss chance after chance and score a last minute winner and there an hero the poor keeper can make save after save let one slip  thru his hands in the last minute and cost the game ..... 

Exactly.

But there are always countless other opportunities to prevent an opposition attack, capitalise on a promising attacking position etc...

In a 90 minute game, no one action by one player can be solely responsible for us dropping points.

6 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Ainsworth is most definitely a scumbag. A team reflects the manager so it’s no surprise the tactics they play.

I still think sunderland will miss out and rovs end up 3rd and not make the final.

We will be 5th and beat wycombe in the final. We will get 46,143 tickets.

Burger and chips will be £14.98 at wembley, beer will be £7.85 a pint.

If anyone can't get a ticket they can have my foooker.😉

9 hours ago, HighworthOwl said:

Plymouth have done very well considering they lost a manger and came through the pack when everyone has been so consistent.

Oxford for so long kept winning and scoring late goals. Shows how tight it is 2 defeats and they are now facing an almost must win game against Sunderland. 

Really enjoyed this season. No matter what the outcome its been great looking forward to matches again! 

totally agree ive really enjoyed it ,if we are in league 1 next season so be it as long as we are at least around top 6 and attacking . dont want us to return to the horrid football what drove thousands away.