League 1 games tonight

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

the goalie for a starter was responsible for at least 3 of them  possibly 5 if being really critical ........thats 6-10 points chucked away .

Ahhh this old chestnut...wonder how msny pts we would have harvested with wildmith or cammy 😫

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, torryowl said:

the goalie for a starter was responsible for at least 3 of them  possibly 5 if being really critical ........thats 6-10 points chucked away .

As i say to my u14s girls goalie.

There's 10 players before you with a chance to stop the ball. 

lol

• Like 3

At the most only one result was going to go in our favour and that was Oxford’s defeat at Morecambe.

This makes Oxford’s home game on Saturday against Sunderland a must win for them.

I think the next week or two will be very interesting as both Rotherham and Oxford have found themselves in the Top 2/Top 6 respectively for much of the season and how they react to finding themselves out of those positions is going to be crucial to either’s cause.

As for us, the usual suspects are predicting a collapse but as I’ve said before we’ve been relatively consistent over the season even though on the surface it may look like we haven’t been?

I think we need to be looking at getting 3/4 points from the next 2 games. Do that and maybe the ones on here with a nervous disposition will be feeling better about our chances?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The coach said:

All those shambolic draws have cost us big time..what the hell was happnin

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

Fans of all clubs will be stating such things, if's and maybe's.  

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
29 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Fans of all clubs will be stating such things, if's and maybe's.  

100% this - that’s just what happens over the course of a football season, isn’t it !?

players will make mistakes and you will drop points because of it. The teams that have the fewest mistakes will be the most successful. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
52 minutes ago, Jim said:

At the most only one result was going to go in our favour and that was Oxford’s defeat at Morecambe.

This makes Oxford’s home game on Saturday against Sunderland a must win for them.

I think the next week or two will be very interesting as both Rotherham and Oxford have found themselves in the Top 2/Top 6 respectively for much of the season and how they react to finding themselves out of those positions is going to be crucial to either’s cause.

As for us, the usual suspects are predicting a collapse but as I’ve said before we’ve been relatively consistent over the season even though on the surface it may look like we haven’t been?

I think we need to be looking at getting 3/4 points from the next 2 games. Do that and maybe the ones on here with a nervous disposition will be feeling better about our chances?

Spot on 

7 hours ago, The coach said:

Ahhh this old chestnut...wonder how msny pts we would have harvested with wildmith or cammy 😫

Wtf have they got to do with how many points we chucked away with goalkeeping errors this season .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

It's a team game.

Ultimately, all players could have done more to pick up more points, it's just that goalkeepers' errors are more obvious.

But how many times have our strikers failed to hit the back of the net when they could have? How many opportunities to pick out a pass did our midfielders pass up? How many crosses did our defenders fail to cut out? etc... etc...

And yet they all contributed to our current points really, as well. Heck, just in the past few games alone, Peacock-Farrell has pulled off vital saves which have almost certainly cancelled out any dropped directly due to his actions.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, SiJ said:

I think tonight's results are pretty positive really. 

Was very unlikely that both Oxford and Wycombe were going to lose. 

The former losing is a very good result and it puts massive pressure on both them and Sunderland this Saturday (play each other). 

a draw for oxford on saturday i think would mean we would need to lose 3 times for oxford to overtake us . its swinging around . i think wycombe now are looking the biggest threat now.

Said on here yesterday I fancy Wycombe to be the biggest threat although I didn’t seem them hitting 4 at Cambridge who are very decent at home.

Agree I make Oxford the outsiders now due to form and fixtures and I Still think Plymouth might blow it… be tough to get more than 4 or 5 points from their remaining matches

49 minutes ago, morganowl said:

a draw for oxford on saturday i think would mean we would need to lose 3 times for oxford to overtake us . its swinging around . i think wycombe now are looking the biggest threat now.

We need two teams to overtake us. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

Two absolutely crucial saves in the last 2 home games at critical times to keep us in front or level. Swings and roundabouts. 

• Thanks 1