7 matches:

AFC Wimbledon-Charlton

Cambridge Utd-Wycombe

Fleetwood-Lincoln City

Milton Keynes-Crewe Alexandra

Morecambe-Oxford Utd

Wigan Athletic-Accrington

Bolton-Portsmouth

Oxford will go above us if they win. But Wycombe need a 6 goal win to overtake us, so we're pretty safe for staying in the top 6.

No matches between our competitors, so let's look for as many dropped points as possible 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morecambe won't be easy, just off the back of battering Burton at home and 2 points from safety, not saying I expect Oxford to drop points but it won't be an easy Tuesday night game for them up there. Same for Wycombe, even though we battered Cambridge they've just beat Ipswich 1-0 away, so they'll be confident of picking up more points tonight. Any dropped points for them two will be a bonus for us

• Like 5

I see Wycombe as a bigger threat than Oxford and so Cambridge could really do us a favour tonight. Looking at their results They’re a good team at home… they drew with us and Wigan and beat Plymouth. Their only home defeats in last few months were by the odd goal to Rotherham and MK. Wycombe would do extremely well to get 3 pts there tonight.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cbirks said:

MK could go top - feels like not so long ago that Wigan and Rotherham seemed impossible to catch. 

Yep, missed opportunity by us as we could have been in the same position had we not dropped the points against Lincoln, Accrington and Gillingham - games we were capable of winning if we performed to our correct levels.  Anyway, we go on. 

Wycombe, Mk dons, Oxford and Wigan will all win their games tonight.  UTO

• Like 4

Am I the only person who gets annoyed at how the fixtures keep getting out of synch? Why is so difficult to keep at least the majority of clubs on the same number of games? I don’t even have a particularly strong reason for finding it annoying but I do, particularly at this stage of the season!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Am I the only person who gets annoyed at how the fixtures keep getting out of synch? Why is so difficult to keep at least the majority of clubs on the same number of games? I don’t even have a particularly strong reason for finding it annoying but I do, particularly at this stage of the season!

No it annoys me too. I feel there is additional pressure when you are playing catch up in terms of games and other clubs already have points on the board.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Cups, international call-ups and weather-based postponements. They'll all disrupt the fixture schedule.

6 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Cups, international call-ups and weather-based postponements. They'll all disrupt the fixture schedule.

Agreed, but right now we are on 40 games (as are well over half the league). Tonight’s seven games include many teams also on 40 matches and isn’t just a ‘catch up’ night or anything. Now we are catching up again, having only just caught up. I’m not normally grumpy about such things and I’m sure there are super solid reasons for it all but it still vexes me.

Bolton v Portsmouth hopefully is a draw which will just about kill of both teams chances. They would then have to win every game left and rely on teams above them to have poor runs.

Could do with Bolton feeling deflated that their chance has gone for Saturday's game.

Any points dropped by Wycombe and Oxford tonight will be a bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

There is this thing called a world pandemic that has affected every football team in the world and been the primary reason why so many games have not been played at the correct time.

but it is simple we win our next 6 games we  are guaranteed a top 6 finish.

• Like 1