4 of 6 Away

Nail biting stretch of games. How many points are realistically attainable? Don’t say 18. Everybody knows how to play us now. Low block heavy on defense. Even when we score early, we allow a counter. Will 9 points suffice? 

The best way to describe our away form is indifferent. I don’t see any reason why we can’t pick up 5/6 points from the 12 available. Add that to the 4/6 we should get at home, we should be fine.

That said I think the late goal yesterday will kick us on and we may well finish the season stronger than many think?

It’s asking a lot for Plymouth, Sunderland, Oxford and Wycombe all to keep winning for the rest of the season. I expect a few slip ups or teams taking points off each other and 82pts being enough (which is still remarkably high). 

so W3 D1 L2 might just do it for us. 

Although I don’t think Bolton, MK and Wycombe are going to go tight defensively playing against us at home. There’ll be a lot of onus on them all to attack.

If we maintain the 2 pts per game we’ve been at since November we’ll be fine. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Jim said:

The best way to describe our away form is indifferent. I don’t see any reason why we can’t pick up 5/6 points from the 12 available. Add that to the 4/6 we should get at home, we should be fine.

That said I think the late goal yesterday will kick us on and we may well finish the season stronger than many think?

I’d be nervously looking over my shoulder if we only manage 9 more points.

I was thinking as well that if we’d beaten Rotherham at home - which we really should’ve done - we’d be 4 pts off automatic.

Its irrelevant really but the realisation annoyed me!

• Like 2

Not looked at the other teams remaining fixtures cos I'm lazy, but we must have one of the most difficult run ins (Bolton, MK Dons, Wycombe, Portsmouth... Non of those are easy) . Just hope the slip ups against Gillingham and Accrington don't come back to bite us. 

Think we're getting to that point now we're the clubs we're playing don't have anything to play for.

Bolton are a ways off 6th, Crewe are all but relegated. Fleetwood will give it a fight but we should be expecting to take the points there and by the time we play Portsmouth, you'd have to think their season would be over. 

Obviously has the potential to be wishful thinking but it's not totally unfeasible to imagine this is how it will play out. 

• Like 1

Away form is a worry tbh. 

Just not the same team are we. 

I am hopeful though that the likes of Bolton, Wycombe and the Dons are likely to have a go at us and that might play into our hands. 

• Like 1

Think we’ll win both home games. 
Bolton = win

Fleetwood = draw

Wycombe = lose 

MK = draw

So that’s 11 points.

I think the games against Bolton / MK will be quite open and should hopefully suit us. Wycombe will look to tough with the direct football they play. 

I've looked at it a bit differently - to finish 6th we need 1 more point than one of Sunderland, Oxford or Wycombe (Ipswich and below are too far of the pace imho).

We've actually got quite a good run in - Sunderland still have Oxford, Plymouth and Rotherham (all A) and Oxford have Sunderland (H), MK Dons (H) and Rotherham (A) whilst Wycombe have Plymouth (H) and us (H).

I think the total needed for 6th (7th position + 1 point) could be lower than the figures currently being bandied about.

Saturday is huge - Oxford play Sunderland - given their run ins a loss for either virtually eliminates them from the play off pictures.

We'll be fine. Remember we only need to finish 1 point above 1 of these 3 teams.

6 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

I've looked at it a bit differently - to finish 6th we need 1 more point than one of Sunderland, Oxford or Wycombe (Ipswich and below are too far of the pace imho).

We've actually got quite a good run in - Sunderland still have Oxford, Plymouth and Rotherham (all A) and Oxford have Sunderland (H), MK Dons (H) and Rotherham (A) whilst Wycombe have Plymouth (H) and us (H).

I think the total needed for 6th (7th position + 1 point) could be lower than the figures currently being bandied about.

Saturday is huge - Oxford play Sunderland - given their run ins a loss for either virtually eliminates them from the play off pictures.

We'll be fine. Remember we only need to finish 1 point above 1 of these 3 teams.

Don't we need to finish above two of those three?

• Like 2

Can’t see Bolton, MK and Wycombe putting everyone behind the ball.  If they look to attack and they will.  We will win more open games than we lose.  We’ll drop points somewhere, so I’ll go for 86.

I think we need a minimum of 81 points

I don't think a defeat for either team in the Oxford v Sunderland game will rule the losing team out

There's still going to be twists and turns

It's squeaky bum time

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.