6 minutes ago, TFUS said:

I think it’s better to judge him once he’s had a proper run in the team.

lots of players look rusty after an injury. If he plays 20 games and looks poor, that’s one thing.

I don’t think fans should read too much into individual performances until players have been given a fair run in the team 

Agreed I wouldn't judge him on current level of performance but neither would I pick him as a starter at the moment given the importance of every game now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Agree mostly, though on Saturday I'd say that the crowd were pretty tolerant considering how he was playing. Whether that continues is another question. 

What he really needs is a good pre season and be fully ready for next term. On current form he is a liability that we cant afford with 6 massive games remaining.

I don’t agree about that pre-season thing. If Storey is ok id bring him back in on Saturday for Iorfa. However, id give Dom another chance soon, possibly the Crewe game when there will be a lot of rotation.

19 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

I don’t agree about that pre-season thing. If Storey is ok id bring him back in on Saturday for Iorfa. However, id give Dom another chance soon, possibly the Crewe game when there will be a lot of rotation.

All about opinions. On his current form and given the importance of all games at the moment I'd only start him if or when our play off spot is secured. Maybe coming off the bench if we've  got a game wrapped up. Big risk playing him in key games given his current level of performances.

After the pretty serious injuries he's had its not surprising he not back to his best. 

In no way is iorfa a bad player. He is a very good quality defender. What must be on the back of his mind is getting injured again. 

If i was DM i would be tempted to say to iorfa forget about this season. He needs a month or so on strength excersizes and fitness training. He will be itching to get back by then and have much more confidence in his own body to not get injured again. 

We have a terrific player in iorfa. With some clever management we can get him back to being a good asset for the club. 

Even at the beginning of the season he was only just returning from a big achilles injury. Its easy to forget what he was like before that. 

He is a premier standard player but lacking fitness and confidence. 

I sure DM will get him back to his best and better in the near future. Injuries permitting. 

Edited by hirstys_achilles
Spell
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

All about opinions. On his current form and given the importance of all games at the moment I'd only start him if or when our play off spot is secured. Maybe coming off the bench if we've  got a game wrapped up. Big risk playing him in key games given his current level of performances.

Yes all that is understandable. If Storey is ok then maybe.

Iorfa’s a puzzle.

Most likely it’s a fitness/practice issue. The downside of that is he needs games. And as each game is so important at this end of the season, the only thing can be of use would be U23s games which would appear to be a demotion. If you’re a pianist and don’t play for a year you get rusty, and that’s probably what’s the problem.

Other scenarios may be possible but less likely.

Maybe we experienced peak Iorfa before, and he’s not as good as we think he is.

Or maybe it’s an attitude thing and hasn’t taken to playing in League One. What doesn’t fit though is - wouldn’t a player in that position be looking to play so well that they’d put themselves in the shop window - or aim to get promotion so Wednesday were back in the Championship again?

11 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

After the pretty serious injuries he's had its not surprising he not back to his best. 

In no way is iorfa a bad player. He is a very good quality defender. What must be on the back of his mind is getting injured again. 

If i was DM i would be tempted to say to iorfa forget about this season. He needs a month or so on strength excersizes and fitness training. He will be itching to get back by then and have much more confidence in his own body to not get injured again. 

We have a terrific player in iorfa. With some clever management we can get him back to being a good asset for the club. 

Even at the beginning of the season he was only just returning from a big achilles injury. Its easy to forget what he was like before that. 

He is a premier standard player but lacking fitness and confidence. 

I sure DM will get him back to his best and better in the near future. Injuries permitting. 

“Premier standard player”

Plays in L1

Remind me again which cb cost us the goal on Saturday by just standing there with his hand in the air ? 

You know something u8s learn not to do 

Iorfa has been injured for pretty much 2 years and people think he should be motivated every game 

12 hours ago, 83owl said:

“Premier standard player”

Plays in L1

We lucky to have him. I not got a crystal ball but I reckon without the injury problems he would be in a Premier league team. 

Comments like this bug me the most. A sarcastic sentence with nothing to back up your obvious superior knowledge. 

Is your point that no players who could play at Premier level are in league 1. If so that's bull.

Then again who knows what you base your superior opinion on because you not the brains to enlighten us meer mortals on why you ate so superior. 

Sarcastic posts like that just show your an arsenal. 

One thing I am sure of is a player of lesser skills and natural athleticism would still be recovering from such a severe injury as having your achilles reconstructed. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

We lucky to have him. I not got a crystal ball but I reckon without the injury problems he would be in a Premier league team. 

Comments like this bug me the most. A sarcastic sentence with nothing to back up your obvious superior knowledge. 

Is your point that no players who could play at Premier level are in league 1. If so that's bull.

Then again who knows what you base your superior opinion on because you not the brains to enlighten us meer mortals on why you ate so superior. 

Sarcastic posts like that just show your an arsenal. 

One thing I am sure of is a player of lesser skills and natural athleticism would still be recovering from such a severe injury as having your achilles reconstructed. 

Don’t need superior knowledge to know that a player who has never played in the premier league and who now is not even first choice in a L1 team is not a premier league player.

Athleticism was always the great strength of his, if he has lost some of that due to his injury then he hasn’t got much else.

5 hours ago, 83owl said:

Don’t need superior knowledge to know that a player who has never played in the premier league and who now is not even first choice in a L1 team is not a premier league player.

Athleticism was always the great strength of his, if he has lost some of that due to his injury then he hasn’t got much else.

At least an explanation. Don't agree but hay ho.

Dom Iorfa is suffering from the heavy touch which plagues players returning from injury or just being out of the team. We had two or three players on Saturday suffering from the same thing. He will get better with playing time as will the others, provided that they get to play, otherwise ........

• Like 1

He just needs a run of games to find form and get his confidence back up, he was by far and away the best CB at the club until he got injured last season then again earlier on this season. Another one who if healthy, probably would have done enough to keep us up. 

I think it’s clear he needs to play in a 3, or with a ball playing centre back. He has a tendency to get sloppy on the ball and doesn’t have the quality Hutchinson or Gibson do, not suited to how we try to play out the back. 

Reminds me of a younger, ‘healthier’ version of Dunkley. Powerful, fast, tackles well, good in the air and a problem in the opposition box. Just needs to stay healthy!!! 

I think people are reminiscing and thinking we had the next Virgil VD. He was a steady defender who heavily relied on his pace to recover from bad positioning. Good enough for Div1 and mid Champ yes, is he going to get snapped up by a top champ/low prem team? no chance.

• Like 1

Prior to his injuries he was getting some serious interest from teams higher up the pecking order than us, people were talking stupid money on here but then he got two nasty long term injuries.

Now he has come back and isnt at the standard he was, and people are somehow surprised and writing him off.

We wont see what level he has come back at until next season, the best DM can do is use what remains of this season to make sure he is not going to break down for the rest of his career and see if he can get back to somewhere near the level he was.

If he can get back to the levels he was prior to the injuries It's a no brainer to sign him up, if not however or if he is going to be subject to re-occuring injuries for the rest of his peak years then it might be better to just let him ride off.  But lets not forget he was a beast for us, people expected him to be poached by a team gunning for promotion or trying to stay in the prem.  Like with so many of our players the last few years, without his fitness issues, there is no doubt either he or we would be playing at a higher level than we are now.

• Like 3