1 hour ago, edwinowl said:

What’s peoples views on big Dom? 
Personally I’m not a massive fan of him as a CB. For me he’s not  dominant enough in the air nor good enough with the ball at his feet. 
His big asset is his pace as we know. 
Could he be a wing back ?
I note he’s out of contract at the end of the season so be interesting to see what the club does in terms of a contract. 

Don’t rate him at all and haven’t since he came here. I don’t get what people see in him. Not the worst defender we’ve ever had obviously but I don’t get how people rate him. Said it for a while and got laughed at 

• Haha 7

20 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I think he's an excellent player.  To be gifted with strength, height and speed as a defender is a huge benefit.  There were times last season and before when he looked pretty unbeatable.  

This injury has obviously taken its toll on him, but once he gets his mojo back, he'll be a huge asset for us.  Give him time...

Well said. Just a bit rusty.

At one point the chat on here was whether a top end championship side would buy him

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I think he's an excellent player.  To be gifted with strength, height and speed as a defender is a huge benefit.  There were times last season and before when he looked pretty unbeatable.  

This injury has obviously taken its toll on him, but once he gets his mojo back, he'll be a huge asset for us.  Give him time...

Couldn't agree more. He's a strange blend of big and quick which you don't find too often at CB. He was absolutely outstanding playing at CB in the championship before the injury curse struck him. There was a great article on the Athletic this morning saying there was definite Premier league interest him 18 months ago, and even at the start of this season, a couple of championship clubs wanted him on loan. He's missed so much football this season, it's always going to be hard for him to come back in at this stage. He needs a solid pre-season to get all of his joints and muscles fully healed because a fit and playing Iorfa is still our most valuable asset at the club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

I think at times he’s looked like the only player in the squad that could potentially play PL.

He was outstanding at the start of the season. His performances in the wins at Rotherham and Wigan were immense.

The season before last when he played almost every match, he certainly looked like a top 6 Championship player.

At the moment, he looks rusty, has no timing and is lacking in confidence. He looks like a player that’s hardly played in 7 months. He’s one of those players that has to be up to speed and confident. If Bannan didn’t kick a ball for a year and you chucked a ball at him he’d trap it like a bag of cement and look like he’d never been away. Iorfa is at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Spot on.

1 hour ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

I think at times he’s looked like the only player in the squad that could potentially play PL.

He was outstanding at the start of the season. His performances in the wins at Rotherham and Wigan were immense.

The season before last when he played almost every match, he certainly looked like a top 6 Championship player.

At the moment, he looks rusty, has no timing and is lacking in confidence. He looks like a player that’s hardly played in 7 months. He’s one of those players that has to be up to speed and confident. If Bannan didn’t kick a ball for a year and you chucked a ball at him he’d trap it like a bag of cement and look like he’d never been away. Iorfa is at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Agree with every word.

Constant injuries, formation changes and  managerial changes have obviously affected his performance levels over two seasons. All things being equal I believe he’s still our best centre back but at this moment in time there are others fitter / in better form 

• Like 3

His ability to bring the ball out of defence and play it forward can be a real asset, but it'll take time for him to get up to his potential/previous standards.

Having players with pace throughout the team is extremely valuable, so he is definitely someone we should value, even if eventually it's just so that we get a fee  for him if someone else decides they'd like him in their team.

He's understandably going to be rusty having been out for so long.

Hopefully we stick with him over the summer. A good preseason behind him and maybe we get the player we had before he was injured.

We all know there's a player there but he's just struggling at the moment. It happens. 

Obviously rusty but they’re a decent player in there.

Right now IMO I’d say he’s more suited to playing our away games than home as he isn’t the best playing the ball out of defence and just through his height/presence along with pace covers many risks we have with opponents strikers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edwinowl said:

What’s peoples views on big Dom? 
Personally I’m not a massive fan of him as a CB. For me he’s not  dominant enough in the air nor good enough with the ball at his feet. 
His big asset is his pace as we know. 
Could he be a wing back ?
I note he’s out of contract at the end of the season so be interesting to see what the club does in terms of a contract. 

I think he’s a great centre-half but he needs a bit of time (maybe a full preseason) to get used to our “three at the back” system. The couple of times I’ve seen Iorfa play since his return, it’s looked like two centre-halves playing in unison and Iorfa doing his own thing. 

4 hours ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Bang on Jemmo 

Everytime he gets the ball I Sh*t myself, this season I didn't think he was great before he got injured.

Yesterday everything he did was reactive rather than proactive, he seemed to always be a second behind the play. Hopefully though as others have said he is match rusty.

Iorfa is one of the most over rated players in recent times. He will struggle to make the bench when Palmer is back and even more so when Gibson is back. 

Iorfa ability on the ball is scary(bad) for a professional player. He isn’t great in the air and there is only so far raw pace can get you. 

Saturday horror show from Iorfa could be a blessing in disguise because it really highlight how much better Storey is. Least Darren knows. Also fair play to Moore with the sub there! 

Edited by CourteenerOwl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

He was poor yesterday. He looked short on confidence and far too many passes were poor, Lets not forget though what an important player he has been for us in the past.

I'm not sure if there's something else going on with him, but I'm wondering how well he fits into the sort of system DM is establishing. I don't really see him being more than a squad player when Dean, Storey and Gibson are all available.

As those three are all on loan and probably won't be here next season there is every chance he will be more than a squad player next season when he's fully recovered and got back to peak fitness.