What’s peoples views on big Dom? 
Personally I’m not a massive fan of him as a CB. For me he’s not  dominant enough in the air nor good enough with the ball at his feet. 
His big asset is his pace as we know. 
Could he be a wing back ?
I note he’s out of contract at the end of the season so be interesting to see what the club does in terms of a contract. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

At the side of Dean and Hutchinson looks uncomfortable at times. But, bearing in mind he's returning after a long lay off, needs to find his touch and match sharpness again. 

He'll find some form given more game time.

Edited by striker
  • Like 3

He was poor yesterday. He looked short on confidence and far too many passes were poor, Lets not forget though what an important player he has been for us in the past.

I'm not sure if there's something else going on with him, but I'm wondering how well he fits into the sort of system DM is establishing. I don't really see him being more than a squad player when Dean, Storey and Gibson are all available.

Yeah, he looked a bit out of sorts at times yesterday, bordering on a liability on a couple of occasions. In his defence though he has been missing for quite a time, his touch and confidence maybe not quite there yet but I think he's a great asset to the team. I didn't know he'd signed a new contract though so that's great news.

• Like 1

Basic things for a CB like positioning to win a header is massively off at the moment...continually caught under the ball, timing his jumps, etc. Also felt he could have got a lot closer to their goalscorer when he clocked him coming into the box. Maybe just match sharpness.

31 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

What’s peoples views on big Dom? 
Personally I’m not a massive fan of him as a CB. For me he’s not  dominant enough in the air nor good enough with the ball at his feet. 
His big asset is his pace as we know. 
Could he be a wing back ?
I note he’s out of contract at the end of the season so be interesting to see what the club does in terms of a contract. 

He's never been a player thats comfortable with the ball at his feet. Always clumsy but had the pace to recover. I don't think he's any worse at the moment than what he was before, he's not a player to spray the ball about. Hes a centre half to use his pace to get us out of trouble. Don't buy this poor/rusty form at moment as he isn't go to turn in to a world class defender. 

• Like 1

I think at times he’s looked like the only player in the squad that could potentially play PL.

He was outstanding at the start of the season. His performances in the wins at Rotherham and Wigan were immense.

The season before last when he played almost every match, he certainly looked like a top 6 Championship player.

At the moment, he looks rusty, has no timing and is lacking in confidence. He looks like a player that’s hardly played in 7 months. He’s one of those players that has to be up to speed and confident. If Bannan didn’t kick a ball for a year and you chucked a ball at him he’d trap it like a bag of cement and look like he’d never been away. Iorfa is at the opposite end of the spectrum.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I think he's an excellent player.  To be gifted with strength, height and speed as a defender is a huge benefit.  There were times last season and before when he looked pretty unbeatable.  

This injury has obviously taken its toll on him, but once he gets his mojo back, he'll be a huge asset for us.  Give him time...

• Like 4