Peacock Farrell

11 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Big big save near the end when there player was 1v1. Drop some clangers this season but credit where credits due. Deserves some plaudits tonight .

I’ve always said he’s a good shot stopper and today’s was another example of this, he’s not the best at coming out for the ball but if he was perfect he wouldn’t be playing for us. 
did well today so congratulations to the lad

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Big big save near the end when there player was 1v1. Drop some clangers this season but credit where credits due. Deserves some plaudits tonight .

Made a right reflex save in the first half as well. They could have had 3 today. He stopped two of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Five Archers said:

I’ve always said he’s a good shot stopper and today’s was another example of this, he’s not the best at coming out for the ball but if he was perfect he wouldn’t be playing for us. 

Have you ever thought that he might be good at coming out for the ball but that the manager and or go coach doesn’t want him to?

12 minutes ago, Ian said:

Have you ever thought that he might be good at coming out for the ball but that the manager and or go coach doesn’t want him to?

Oh never thought that, the manager wants him to stay on his line so we can sign him on the cheep for next season? Your right mate another master stroke by Mr Moore 

34 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

Oh never thought that, the manager wants him to stay on his line so we can sign him on the cheep for next season? Your right mate another master stroke by Mr Moore 

When youve done trying to be a clever arse I suspect its the GK coach (and the same at many clubs around the country) advising keepers to stay on their line. We won't have BPF next year whether he comes off his line or not

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

When youve done trying to be a clever arse I suspect its the GK coach (and the same at many clubs around the country) advising keepers to stay on their line. We won't have BPF next year whether he comes off his line or not

Not at all just fed up of people desperate to heap blame onto Moore, if as you say many clubs tell the keepers to stay on the line why do we see examples of keepers coming out to claim or clear crosses into the box in just about every match? I’m more or less certain BPF will be returning to his parent club after his loan, will he be put up for sale? Dunno and I doubt we could afford the asking price

Just now, Five Archers said:

Not at all just fed up of people desperate to heap blame onto Moore, if as you say many clubs tell the keepers to stay on the line why do we see examples of keepers coming out to claim or clear crosses into the box in just about every match? I’m more or less certain BPF will be returning to his parent club after his loan, will he be put up for sale? Dunno and I doubt we could afford the asking price

Its not as binary as dont come for a cross at all........but whereas say 30 years ago a keeper would come for a cross almost come what may,, data and analytics has shown that its actually less risky to let defenders deal with a cross and keeper stays back should the defenders fail to deal with it then he has a chance with a save. Obviously if its bread and butter then they come and claim it

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Its not as binary as dont come for a cross at all........but whereas say 30 years ago a keeper would come for a cross almost come what may,, data and analytics has shown that its actually less risky to let defenders deal with a cross and keeper stays back should the defenders fail to deal with it then he has a chance with a save. Obviously if its bread and butter then they come and claim it

In fairness my first reaction to your first post was that you were having a go! Having read this it makes more sense now. Goalkeeping has changed massively over the last 20 years or so - sweeper keepers that can play out, at one stage there was a trend to punch more than try and collect a few seasons ago, I remember a keeper we had on loan from Liverpool that was clearly coached to do it, it just looked horrific. The stay on the line one is a new one for me, and I can see what you're saying. Perhaps the days of a Peter Schmeichal, dominate your box type, has passed. 

Thought BPF had a decent game today, with the limited amount he had to do. 

5 hours ago, Five Archers said:

Keepers don't go marauding out much any more.

Even traditional keepers like Westwood never came for a cross.

BPF is a quiet, calming influence. He's definitely the modern day goalie.

He's way better than Dawson, Wildsmith and the Westwood from the final 2 seasons.