Poor officials again. Seems to be every week though so I wasn't surprised. The ref allowed himself to be conned and cheated by the Wimbledon players, simple as that. He let them time waste at every opportunity and should have added 6 minutes at the end by my reckoning. The fact we scored within the 4 he allowed was satisfying. He then added a further minute pretty much, blowing for full time around the 95 plus change mark looking at the highlights. 

Last minute winner though, best feeling in football. Even the ref couldn't take that away from those of us that saw it. 

They are pretty much utter useless week in week out. 

Teams just come to Hillsborough and waste time from the first minute and the referees do absolutely nothing to stop it. No, sorry, sometimes they will them to stop time wasting in the 90th minute. 

A last minute winner is always great, but it was particularly satisfying against that shower and with that useless ref. 

18 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

The fact these refs just let teams time waste so blatantly is laughable. It’s so obvious what they are doing. And they will keep doing it cus refs in this league are absolutely thick. 

Quite seriously they must have wasted 20 minutes. Every throw in, and there were dozens of them, every goalkick. 

16 hours ago, MotherGoose said:

If individual refs tried to actually enforce the rules as written they’d be dropped from the league. 

There is nothing more infuriating than time wasting to football fans. We’re being short changed. 

From the top it needs a campaign to stamp it out. And fans, players and managers all need to grow up and support the officials when they do it. 

Won’t happen though. If it was tried then the media/fan/player/manager narrative would destroy it. 

We’re all too hypocritical. Happy to waste time when we’re 1 up but not when we’re losing. 

Controversial (related) opinion: have two 30 minute halves. Game clock on running when ball in play

No keep it at 45 and dont waste time

3 hours ago, pahowl said:

Would you want your performance review at work given to all your workmates never mind your customers? Not defending his performance yesterday, but how many decisions do you think he got right and which decisions did he get wrong in your opinion?

His work takes place in public, mine doesn't.if I make a mistake, I  apologise.  Would be good to have some feedback as to how they work out added time etc.  All we want is consistency.

It’s not the decision making on judgment calls that drives me (and many others I suspect) mad - that’s part and parcel, and while frustrating you simmer down a day or two later.  

It’s an absolute inability/unwillingness to deal with time wasting. It’s not just a little game management these teams are coming and doing now, it’s full on mickey-taking as they know the refs won’t do anything beyond a theatric arm wave now and then. Any referee, at any level, at any standard should be able to deal with that. Refs at Hillsborough this season are choosing not to. It’s happened too much now, so it can only be they come here trying to prove a point about being ‘influenced’ by the big home side. Or they are scared about making their afternoon harder work than they want. 

I don’t blame teams coming here to do it, while ever refs let you do it they will. Some of the stuff they’ve been allowed to get away with this season is incredible (the fake goal kick by the keeper yesterday in middle of a sub, Gillingham game when 4 of their players went down injured at once to kill momentum, only to all spring back up when they realised if the physio came on they’d have to go off).  

• Like 1