53 minutes ago, Ian said:

What has time wasting got to do with the lino?

And where does it say 6 subs = 3 minutes?

It is indeed a rule.

The ref will always add ok 30 seconds per sub and per goal. It is also 1 minute for every physio stoppage. 

So by actually denying that player the physio in the 2nd half, but allowing him time, it did us out of stoppage time. 

This is the general rule, doesn't specify the time, I'd find if I had more time.

Screenshot_20220402-202231_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, splan80 said:

It is indeed a rule.

The ref will always add ok 30 seconds per sub and per goal. It is also 1 minute for every physio stoppage. 

So by actually denying that player the physio in the 2nd half, but allowing him time, it did us out of stoppage time. 

This is the general rule, doesn't specify the time, I'd find if I had more time.

Screenshot_20220402-202231_Chrome.jpg

You are talking absolute rounduns here. Did you not stop to think why you can’t find any reference to 30 seconds and 1 minute before you posted that it was a rule

I’m not one for conspiracy theories and think everyone is one to get us etc, but it’s not even subtle what many of them are doing this season. Go out of their way to make it look like they aren’t giving the home side at a big ground (for L1 anyway!) preferential treatment. Can only assume it plays well with their assessors for some bizarre reason, when it should do the exact opposite.  Shows a weakness in their own abilities.  

You don’t mind them not being very good, or making mistakes, or even missing things. But the ref spent most of the second half today giving Wimbledon the pretend angry hurry-up in response to their time wasting. And then added on just 4 minutes which is the usual minimum you get these days. That’s not an oversight, that’s deliberate. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Yes, the majority of officials this season have been absolutely shyt.

But what do you expect?

We are playing in the third division.

We get third division referees!!

Not arguing your point but the law's  of the game are the same in league 1and2 as they are in the championship and premier league, so ref's  should be of the same standard surely. 

2 minutes ago, malcolm said:

Not arguing your point but the law's  of the game are the same in league 1and2 as they are in the championship and premier league, so ref's  should be of the same standard surely. 

Whilst clearly there are bad referees or referees having bad days, its not as big a problem as fans not knowing the laws and or the nuances of applying them in a game

10 minutes ago, Ian said:

Whilst clearly there are bad referees or referees having bad days, its not as big a problem as fans not knowing the laws and or the nuances of applying them in a game

True,but most fans know blatant time wasting when they see it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Awful, as usual, do they not even realise or care when the shithouse teams are blatantly taking the pìss out of them?

That said, it was the first ref I've seen in a long long time to actually call a foul throw. 

He did throw it in like a 4 year old though 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Sneakiest of all was the keeper taking the goal kick towards the end of them taking ages to make a substitution but just before it had been comleted knowing that the ref would order a retake. They got what they deserved.

Yes very clever that I thought. 

The referee was a complete simpleton.

• Like 1

Missed a definite penalty for the foul on Gregory.

On time wasting, there should be a clock in the stadium showing the time and it should be stopped when play is stopped so all can see - and it should be clear what extra time the referee adds on for time wasting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malcolm said:

The ref's in the Premiership/championship are in the main Select group 1 and 2 referees who are employed by PGMOL and are either full time or part time and receive a salary and match fees. League 1/2 refs in the main have full time jobs and referee in their "spare time" and get paid a match fee,. The better standard referees progress up the ladder and will, if good enough, be invited to select group 2 and then select group 1

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, malcolm said:

Do they still have referee assesers in the stand,cus if they do some of the muppets in league 1 should never get anther game.

Yes all referees in the EPL/EFL will have an observer at the game .

I get they were poor today, but:

Playing devil's advocate, but there was an amazing moment today that showed just what the refs have to deal with. 

Their left back, who had a quality game to be fair, went down under a challenge and did the whole 'I'm seriously injured' thing. He glanced up, realised they were on the attack, and jumped straight up. 

It's cheating.

And I'd love to see it stamped out. Retrospective 10 game bans for being a ******** would be my answer. 

I'd bring in a rule called 'Caught being a blatant cheating ********. 10 game ban'. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1