Second half ref performance was utterly embarrassing. Genuinely playing 12 men in that half (and given how under par we were today I am shocked we came out on top) Something about this level that refs feel they have to prove they aren’t swayed by the big crowd by effectively not applying the laws of the game correctly. He ought to resign after that 

Yes, the majority of officials this season have been absolutely shyt.

But what do you expect?

We are playing in the third division.

We get third division referees!!

Edited by oldtawnyowl

1 hour ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Not being funny but how the heck did they summarise it was FOUR minutes . How did the foul on Gregory not get given as a penalty .

6 subs = 3 minutes so they Lino reckons only 1 minute of time wasting ? Baffling 
Quite bizarre 

What has time wasting got to do with the lino?

And where does it say 6 subs = 3 minutes?

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

It's no wonder so many teams waste time, it's never properly added on as extra-time. The ref today was truly awful in this respect allowing Wimbledon to get away with far too much'

If individual refs tried to actually enforce the rules as written they’d be dropped from the league. 

There is nothing more infuriating than time wasting to football fans. We’re being short changed. 

From the top it needs a campaign to stamp it out. And fans, players and managers all need to grow up and support the officials when they do it. 

Won’t happen though. If it was tried then the media/fan/player/manager narrative would destroy it. 

We’re all too hypocritical. Happy to waste time when we’re 1 up but not when we’re losing. 

Controversial (related) opinion: have two 30 minute halves. Game clock on running when ball in play

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Most laughable thing was after they spent the entire game timewasting his answer to it was to speak to their captain about it which took over 2 mins, he then spent 2 mins having a go at Byers for complaining about it which took even more time up. Added to that their keepers "injury" the 6 subs, countless times he had to tell them to get on with it plus their defenders falling over "injured" yet he only added 4 mins on?

It's quite simple as soon as a player wastes time book them and they won't keep.doing it. I can't get my head around why referees do nothing about it when every team, including us, does it every game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Most laughable thing was after they spent the entire game timewasting his answer to it was to speak to their captain about it which took over 2 mins, he then spent 2 mins having a go at Byers for complaining about it which took even more time up. Added to that their keepers "injury" the 6 subs, countless times he had to tell them to get on with it plus their defenders falling over "injured" yet he only added 4 mins on?

It's quite simple as soon as a player wastes time book them and they won't keep.doing it. I can't get my head around why referees do nothing about it when every team, including us, does it every game.

absolutely bang on . At worst after one time of time wasting you are warned and then booked . Not the ref asking you to hurry up 100 times 

2 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

I can only apologise to anyone sat around me in the north for when Lino put 4 mins up

Lol 

Me too.

Six subs, 3 bookings, a few twisted socks and a bollockin' or two = 4 minutes.

Everytime the ball was out of play and their decision was worth a word from the ref - did he?

23 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

ok mr clever the fourth official

and it’s well known each sub is 30 seconds added on 

You might want to stop digging…..additional time Is nothing to do with the 4th official either.

and each sub is 30 seconds added on is only well known by those who don’t know the laws of the game