Well done Calum Patterson!!

9 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Good day at the office for Pato:

DM: ‘Callum, warm up please. Your going on for the last five mins to win the game’

CP: ‘No probs boss. What do you want? Score the winner or set up one of the lads?’

DM: ‘one of the lads please Gregory of you can, he’s worked his arris off’ 

CP: ‘no probs, hold my tracksuit…’

10 mins later…

DM: ‘thanks Callum’

CP: ‘no probs chief. I love you.’

DM: ‘love you too. He’s your tracksuit.’

CP: ‘thanks’ 

DM: ‘your welcome.’

CP: 4 goals and an assist in 400 minutes chief…start Saturday?

12 hours ago, malek said:

As a good Championship player. 

He signed when we were a Championship club so yes very likely within championship wage parameters. When you say 'good' though, do you have inside info are are you guessing?

His input yesterday could well prove invaluable come season's end though.

18 hours ago, sexpistol said:

This 100% He has scored 4 in 8 and the last two have been a few minute cameos, but I doubt NML or Berahino would have made that goal.

Agree,people getting too hung up on other things.....run into the play offs/keeping in the play offs play the player in form scoring goals....SIMPLE....WE WORKED HARD TODAY AND MADE CHANCES THAT SHOULD HAVE LED TO GOALS(BUT DIDNT)..(not shouting just left cap locks on!!)

A winner in the 92 minute is pushing our luck and could have cost us 2 vital points...Patto should have been brought on sooner.....

17 hours ago, 0114 said:

He was perfectly suited to us pumping the ball in the box. 

I was surprised Wednesday didn’t make this change sooner. You could tell from half time that Wimbledon were set up with a deep 541 looking for a point. It didn’t need NML’s pace we needed a big bruiser like Paterson alongside Gregory to go toe to toe with their CBs. 

Agree and this is a big area where our manager comes under critique for,is there anyone in the thread who would disagree with that?...Left it way too late to bring on Patto...

13 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Wouldn't start him every game necessarily but far better than some say and without doubt made a valuable contribution today.

But thats how players form understandings and play off each other isnt it?..regular game time?.not play 1 week,dropped the next or being used as an 'impact player'?...Patto has goals in him,others blow hot and cold,and at the minute we need the player in form,on the pitch....

Lets not get complacent here,we were within a whisker of throwing 2 points away....

2 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

He signed when we were a Championship club so yes very likely within championship wage parameters. When you say 'good' though, do you have inside info are are you guessing?

His input yesterday could well prove invaluable come season's end though.

It got posted on here how much We were paying him and some other players last season.

However, I'm making an educated guess here and even if He is getting lot less than I'm thinking still it is far too much for capable but non the less back up player at League One level. Did very well in 10 minutes He got yesterday and as You said hiss assist could prove invaluable at the end of the season. Still, He hardly showed that He should be a regular starter for us at this level, never mind if We get promoted. Capable "role player" who is in my opinion getting payed like He was regular starter in league above. (makes sense as He was brought in and paid to to just that).

1 hour ago, malek said:

It got posted on here how much We were paying him and some other players last season.

However, I'm making an educated guess here and even if He is getting lot less than I'm thinking still it is far too much for capable but non the less back up player at League One level. Did very well in 10 minutes He got yesterday and as You said hiss assist could prove invaluable at the end of the season. Still, He hardly showed that He should be a regular starter for us at this level, never mind if We get promoted. Capable "role player" who is in my opinion getting payed like He was regular starter in league above. (makes sense as He was brought in and paid to to just that).

I know what you're saying and for sure he'll leave when his contract expires. The relegation meant that we were stuck with a few players on championship wages of which Paterson is one. All of whom realistically are overpaid for league one.

He's not everyones cup of tea but compared to some wasters of recent years, on quite possibly more than double the wages, he compares favourably IMO. He gives his all, has covered various positions due to our injury crisis and he has added some value to the cause this season. How valuable remains to be seen but if we get into the playoffs by one point and go on to be promoted then even Saturdays little intervention might be considered precious.

Incidentally 38 appearances this season in a variety of positions including emergency CB,  chipping in with 6 goals as well as the odd assist probably earns the right to be considered rather better than back up even if not a regular starter. In terms of value for money then,  as I said, the relegation meant that weve got a few that realistically are overpaid for this level.

• Like 2

You said it beautifully.

Not lot that Paterson did wrong. First of all he is always available for selection, he can cover few positions, works hard, can provide impact from the bench and seems like  a type of positive character you want in your dressing room.

Then again, We are working under budget and I would rather spend that money on improving our starting 11 than on a capable back up/squad player.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, malek said:

You said it beautifully.

Not lot that Paterson did wrong. First of all he is always available for selection, he can cover few positions, works hard, can provide impact from the bench and seems like  a type of positive character you want in your dressing room.

Then again, We are working under budget and I would rather spend that money on improving our starting 11 than on a capable back up/squad player.

Well we're  on the same page I think 👍

• Like 1