Chansiri's managerial appointments - Best to Worst?

Who is Chansiri's best appointment?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Best manager?

• Carlos Carvalhal
    • Jos Luhukay
    • Steve Bruce
    • Garry Monk
    • Tony Pulis
    • Darren Moore

6 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

6. Pulis (absolute timewasting t***. Out of date football and horrible attitude)

Don’t be so hard on yourself Tony! You weren’t all bad. Well, you were actually all bad, but you know. There were extenuating circumstances. For the first couple of games you had to have a Wednesday badge stitched to your own hat! Can’t of been easy…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 - Bruce. Would’ve worked. Just one of those things. 
2 - Pulis. On paper was the right man at the right time. In reality…. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

3 - CC. Out of left field but fun while it lasted. 
4 - DM. Jury’s still out. 
5 - Jos. Not sure what’s left of left field but this appointment was it. Truly bizarre. 
6 - Monk. No track record. Dodgy dealings. Completely reversed the momentum we had under Bruce. Tactically completely inept. Chose to alienate our best players then slag off the rest of them. Arrogant, miserable, worst recruitment in my memory etc etc etc 

Bruce by far the most competent manager and would have got us to the prem if we had someone of his caliber for DCs first appointment.

Reckon any of the other managers bar Monk would have been as 'successful' as Carlos with the funds and players he had at his disposal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I voted Moore as I think he’s done well in the circumstances he’s found himself in so far and will go on to be DC’s best managerial appointment.

Carlos’ record is currently the best and I think he was genuinely unlucky. His record since leaving S6 tells you he’s a decent manager and his departure I believe is DC’s biggest regret so far in his time here.

Bruce should’ve been DC’s best appointment but due to circumstances beyond his control it wasn’t to be. He did though leave his successor with the stand out talents Odubajo and Harris 🤣

Lukuhay, Monk and Pulis were total car crashes of appointments. You wouldn’t want any of them involved in NATO or the UN, which sums their managerial

styles IMO?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Bruce was good but left us at the first time of asking. Carlos was great but should have done better in the semi finals against Huddersfield. Moore gets my vote strangely, has pulled a half decent squad together without a paying a single transfer fee and has us playing some alright stuff at times albeit in league one. Monk, Pulis, Luhukay we’re just bad appointments imo.

• Like 3

In context Bruce is clearly the best manager Chansiri has appointed for the task in hand.  How Bruce then left us is not part of the OP question.  

In my opinion Carlos would have done better and got us promoted had he had full control over transfers and money wasn’t wasted on players like Rhodes, Abdi and Van aken that he didn’t want. Those players alone cost £15m.  

• Thanks 1

Ask me in 10 years time. It's too soon to know.

In no particular order

Bruce was a big name manager with a patchy record but plenty of success. Shitehouse of a bloke though and completely took the p.

Pullis, good record but plays tedious football, never likely to endear himself to the fans.

CC, probably had the most success but had serious flaws, went negative in play offs when we could have won with more ambition. Spent loads of dosh, was it him?. Players were never properly fit.

Joss, Definitely the worst but suffered from the injury crisis that was beyond belief.

Moore, too early to say, took us down but in extenuating circumstances, done a half decent job this year. A lot will depend on whether we go up this year.

All the above suffered from one major handicap......DC. Only Moore seems to have kept him from meddling which could be what makes Moore the best manager we have had in the last few years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony Pulis said:

I think for me it goes in this order...

1. Brucey (think he could've taken us up if he hadn't jumped ship, good appointment though)

2. Carlos (went very close to a great promotion, but had lost of money to spend and crippled several players like Lee, although on the other side clearly wasn't in charge of recruitment)

3. Moore (has stabilized the team and has brought some positive change about, although could be seen as a disappointment if we fail to get playoffs)

4. Luhukay (never in danger of relegation with a tight budget and had a great attitude towards young players)

5. Monk (all talk and no deliver. Isolated some key players. Oversaw a massive self-implotion in less than six months).

6. Pulis (absolute timewasting t***. Out of date football and horrible attitude)

Agree with this order

I dont think weve had a good manager under chansiri yet 

Bruce past his sell by date years ago 

Carlos was a disaster which we are still recovering from 

Jos had the right idea by dropping   the crocks but tried doing to much at once with youth players,had no money 

Pulis was just sh!t,probably had stayed up if he had got january transfer window 

Monk was just cr@p

Moore is a average league one manager 

Edited by Luke