5 subs - Should we follow suit

Yes 

But I'd put in a rule that you cant make a sub after 80 minutes unless it's for a head injury/broken leg 

Will just encourage time wasting and the bigger teams with better players will have more advantage 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luke said:

Yes 

But I'd put in a rule that you cant make a sub after 80 minutes unless it's for a head injury/broken leg 

Will just encourage time wasting and the bigger teams with better players will have more advantage 

how much time would be wasted while they x-ray his leg to ascertain if its broken .

• Haha 3

Even though they can make 5 subs the game can only be stopped 3 times per team to make them. Plus the obvious half time chance. So it won't be used to waste time any more than the current rules are. What it will be used for is the bigger, richer teams with massive depth of talent will just be stronger and have a better chance of winning. That's why it's been brought in, nowt to do with player welfare etc and anyone who believes it is, I've got some magic beans to sell you. 

• Like 3

I'm not a fan TBH. Three probably enough, but would extend the 4th sub rule for concussion for any (legitimate) injury, if three subs already used. 

As for what the EPL do, it's not football is it, a different game played by corporate brands looking to outdo each other financially by building the best product range and asset value register. 

I'm sure for them, being able to showcase more of their products on the pitch during a game will be lapped up by foreign audiences or 12 year olds wanting to buy merchandise.

The time wasting is appalling. The game needs streamlining to get it to flow.

60 second drink break on 30 mins for subs to be made, and again on 75 mins. Other than that, and half-time no subs. If you get a serious injury in between then hard sh*t, manage it.

None of this goal celebrations bo110x lasting 5 mins cr@p either, back for the kickoff with 60 seconds.

Of course, there is an easier solution - a decent ref dishing out some cards would sort it.

Rant over.

Guest DoesJackHunt

Yes 100%
should still only be allow 3 stoppages for subs though. So 2 would have to have to be double subs if you were to use all 5.

it would be a good idea if 1 or 2 of them had to be under 23’s in my opinion.

Make the subs part of the game without any stoppage. Have the substitutions , which are tactical rather than injury anyway, such that the player leaves the field whilst play goes on, and before sub comes on, as in rugby League.

• Like 1