If there was no booze would you go to games?

29 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Drive to games so never drink. Almost teetotal nowadays anyway. Feel sorry for those who's lives revolve round throwing as much down their necks as is humanly possible.

why feel sorry for them? its there choice as long as they aint harming anyone or causing trouble . thats not me by the way but i would never judge anyone for there choices . its probably a release for them for a day ,and i also think after 2 years of restrictions im noticing more of a drinking culture than before. if someone cant handle there drink thats a different issue all together . 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, morganowl said:

why feel sorry for them? its there choice as long as they aint harming anyone or causing trouble . thats not me by the way but i would never judge anyone for there choices . its probably a release for them for a day ,and i also think after 2 years of restrictions im noticing more of a drinking culture than before. if someone cant handle there drink thats a different issue all together . 

Fair point mate - each to their own.

• Like 2

What truly amazes me is the fact that at VWFC games they sell you a can of beer for anywhere between $10 and $12 - with a straight face...   People do seem to have several empty cans rolling around under their seats so they must definitely be nuts or independently wealthy....    My wife and I don't drink at games because we have to drive back home afterwards...

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Five Archers said:

Well first you say there’s no booze, then you say there’s no pubs, are you Oliver Cromwell? What is it with this fun thievery? What’s next, no Christmas?

lol 

I never said there was no booze not once never said that. 

My point was if there was no booze then there would be no pub. 

1 hour ago, Five Archers said:

Yes mate may be surprising but I have thank you, so what’s wrong with it?

I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it. I was making a light-hearted alcohol-related observation. Didn’t mean to offend you.

This is my problem….after 56 years of supporting Wednesday…I’ve just realised I’ve never had a drink at a game. That’s where I’ve been going wrong all this time…being drunk as a skunk obviously makes them look better on the pitch…let me tell you tho…they’re a sack of s***tied up ugly when you’re sober.

• Haha 1

No.

Going to the pub with my mates is the best thing about a match day and has been for around 17 of the last 20 years.

The social element of match days is what’s kept me going for a while now and without it I’d just stay at home and watch us on the TV.

• Like 1