2022 World Cup draw

World Cup draws are a bit like when you have a sweepstake at a wedding to see how long the speeches will go on for.

The tedious build up, interviews that no one cares about and knowing the BBC some sort of shiete poem.

Then the draw itself is always an uncomfortable watch as the players struggle to open the balls with the teams in and don't seem to know when to speak.

Apart from that, it is ace.

14 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

World Cup draws are a bit like when you have a sweepstake at a wedding to see how long the speeches will go on for.

The tedious build up, interviews that no one cares about and knowing the BBC some sort of shiete poem.

Then the draw itself is always an uncomfortable watch as the players struggle to open the balls with the teams in and don't seem to know when to speak.

Apart from that, it is ace.

Said on the news that it could last around 2 hours. How why?

1 minute ago, darra said:

Said on the news that it could last around 2 hours. How why?

2 hours! Blood and sand. If I was in charge it would be a 10 minute job. Then again I would scrap opening ceremonies and all that rubbish. Just get on with the football.

• Like 2

The pots actually look pretty sensible to me for once, normally there's a ridiculous seed like Colombia or Poland. I can't really see a draw that would look overly concerning for England. Portugal probably lucky to be seeded, but that's probably good for England.

Can only share the group with one European team so the hardest is possibly Netherlands, Senegal and maybe Ecuador? Or Mexico, Senegal, Wales.

Neither would concern me really. 

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

My preference for England's group would be

Mexico, Morocco and Canada.

Hoping to avoid Germany, Senegal and Scotland/Wales. 

Just realised we wouldn't get Mexico and Canada in the same group. Maybe swap Canada with Ecuador. Don't want any European teams in the group we play against these nations more frequently anyway.