5 subs

SiJ

Ratified by the PL today after the big clubs (you know, the ones who threatened to destroy English football) complained and complained. 

Another crap introduction to the game, though I appreciate it is now the norm on the continent. 

For me, it removes one of the key skills/components of being a football manager; that being the ability to change a game with the 3 subs you have. Now you can pretty change half your team if you need to. 

Oh, and you can envision a scenario where the top clubs just stockpile more and more players. After all, they've got more chance of minutes on the pitch haven't they. 

Still - it is nice to see that the Big 6 got punished for what they did last season, what with the paltry fines, 5 subs and UEFA introducing coefficients into the Champions League. 

Utter sh*te. 

• Like 3

Guest Giant Hogweed

If the big clubs (and managers like that whinging tvvat Klopp) continue to have their way we'll soon be up to 11 subs who can enter and leave the field as and when neccesary, ie a defensive 11 and an attacking 11 with a break every time the ball goes dead, and 4 quarters of 25 minutes with a 20 advertising break at each one.

Sound familiar?

I'll be honest I don't have an issue with it. More game time for others and if used correctly, could be used to blood younger players.

And it could reduce injuries. Certainly due to the pace we play at in the UK.

That said let's be honest it'll be abused and won't be used that way. Just more stockpiling of players at top clubs would be my concern.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 2

Gives a huge advantage to the top clubs. 5 fresh world class players to come on around the 60 minute mark. It's ridiculous how the big 6 or whatever they are dictate how football is run. I wish the super league breakaway had happened. The FA should have given them the ultimatum of leavr and you never return then balanced up the leagues without those who went. Instead they begged them to return and bent over. Pathetic. 

I've not looked into this new 5 sub rule but is it just in tbe prem? What about FA cup etc? And other leagues? 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

“Yeah but at least the small clubs can stick 5 fresh players on to defend” 

:duntmatter:

A friend who supports Man U used this argument. 

Honestly, it is like talking to people from the planet Mars when it comes to football. 

• Like 1

On 01/04/2022 at 07:00, latemodelchild said:

Gives a huge advantage to the top clubs. 5 fresh world class players to come on around the 60 minute mark. It's ridiculous how the big 6 or whatever they are dictate how football is run. I wish the super league breakaway had happened. The FA should have given them the ultimatum of leavr and you never return then balanced up the leagues without those who went. Instead they begged them to return and bent over. Pathetic. 

I've not looked into this new 5 sub rule but is it just in tbe prem? What about FA cup etc? And other leagues? 

I think you can use 5 subs in the fa cup already. 

On 31/03/2022 at 18:14, Quickly Kevin said:

Klopps a w*nker.

Quite a few jouno's have said he's a nasty piece of work, especially when the camera's aren't around .

He's proving to be perfect for Liverpool,  whiny and entitled. 

This 5 subs think will break up and elongate games even more. 90 minutes on the clock neans nothing anymore,  5 subs each will see games going 100 minutes easily next season with injuries and VAR checks added.