To all those that mock Darren Moore about his speech...

Anybody been the father of the bride..or a best man.

It's foookin nerve jangling..even though full of beer talking to people you know.

Talking on camera after a poor performance when plenty of fans want you sacked must be.. err...not easy..until you get used to it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Why bring this up. It's been said before and the team that run this forum won't stand for it.. They have a zero tolerance on it. So why even bring this matter up? I can't remember the last time anything was said on here.... So.. Who are.  . 

" For all those "    As if it's done routinely on here. 

This site is run well. 

Just because people may no longer make fun of and/or mock Moore’s speech on here, it doesn’t mean they don’t do it in private or with like minded mates.

If posting the video gets just one of them to think twice about then surely there is no harm done sharing the link? Naive to think people getting removed from this site has resolved the problem, only education and generating empathy for those with speech impediment will? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, GermanBird said:

I absolutely hate this modern trend of censorship, political correctness etc, which bans certain words in general. 

However, I do not believe that it can be right to mock any person for whatever reason. This has nothing to do with censorship, but with kindness.

Spot on. Yes the price of allowing people to speak as they will is often annoying/enraging etc but the cost of not allowing them will destroy our ability to talk and interact with each other eventually. It's getting like that now, people afraid to talk.

It's a fine line on how tightly the knot is applied. The law is a good guide. Penalising people who speak within the law but upsets some of the more fragile amongst us isn't. IMO of course.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

Just because people may no longer make fun of and/or mock Moore’s speech on here, it doesn’t mean they don’t do it in private or with like minded mates.

If posting the video gets just one of them to think twice about then surely there is no harm done sharing the link? Naive to think people getting removed from this site has resolved the problem, only education and generating empathy for those with speech impediment will? 

Maybe better to title the OP

" Let's give a moment to think about this worthy topic "

See.. That works fine. And doesn't point fingers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PTLiam said:

TBH. I think the erm thing is funny.

I don't think anyone ever meant anything nasty by it? did they?

I like Darren Moore, seems a decent bloke doing a decent job but the Constant Erm's are funny when your watching his interviews. if he gets ribbed about i'm almost certain its all light hearted. 

We've all had the mickey taken out of us for something haven't we? my ears as massive and by god, people don't half let me know 😂

The world has become a place where we can't laugh anymore.... People call me a bald bar Steward all the time.lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PTLiam said:

TBH. I think the erm thing is funny.

I don't think anyone ever meant anything nasty by it? did they?

I like Darren Moore, seems a decent bloke doing a decent job but the Constant Erm's are funny when your watching his interviews. if he gets ribbed about i'm almost certain its all light hearted. 

We've all had the mickey taken out of us for something haven't we? my ears as massive and by god, people don't half let me know 😂

Can I just apologise for the conduct of the person who left you the cup instead of thumbs up. It has been quite triggering for me, so I can only imagine how it makes you feel. I feel sure you were given the cup response as the cup has large handles and is undoubtedly a cynical and abusive reference to your self admitted enlarged ear flaps. In fact I suggest that the cup, indeed all cups, are either removed from public view, or have their handles removed. 

Let this be an end to the matter.

However, there is a team of counsellors on hand to assist anyone else who been affected by this crass use of big ear symbolism. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

Can I just apologise for the conduct of the person who left you the cup instead of thumbs up. It has been quite triggering for me, so I can only imagine how it makes you feel. I feel sure you were given the cup response as the cup has large handles and is undoubtedly a cynical and abusive reference to your self admitted enlarged ear flaps. In fact I suggest that the cup, indeed all cups, are either removed from public view, or have their handles removed. 

However, there is a team of counsellors on hand to assist anyone else who been affected by this crass use of big ear symbolism. 

I love a good 5 pint deep Owlstalk post.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

I don’t think Darren Moore has a speech impediment anyway. He just uses the expression erm which is probably just a habitual thing.  Just like a lot of people these days say ‘like’ every other sentence, copying American-speak. Some people repeatedly say ‘you know’ etc. I would class lisps, stammers and the like as speech impediments. 

For me it was and is perfectly reasonable to question any managers communication skills if they appear to be lacking. Darren Moore’s interviews were boring and repetitive and some fans understandably questioned how inspiring his team talks must be, if his press interviews were anything to go by. 

As much as anything, his interview style probably reflected his relative lack of experience at dealing with those pressure situations and he came across a bit ‘rabbit in headlights’. I imagine he’s had some coaching which has seen his style become more relaxed. 

The improved results have probably helped too! 

I wouldn’t be surprised if you talked to him one on one off camera if he didn’t even say erm. It’s kind of a place filler while he’s trying to think of something to say in response to questions.

Stuart Gray used to say ‘as such’ over and over. Then someone must have told him about it as he then just stopped doing it overnight. Think it’s probably more similar to that then comparing it to someone with a stammer 

5 hours ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if you talked to him one on one off camera if he didn’t even say erm. It’s kind of a place filler while he’s trying to think of something to say in response to questions.

Stuart Gray used to say ‘as such’ over and over. Then someone must have told him about it as he then just stopped doing it overnight. Think it’s probably more similar to that then comparing it to someone with a stammer 

100 % this 👍

That's also the reason, why there are less "fillers" when we win. It's easy to say something positive about the players or the game after a win. But trying to find the right balance in your speech after a loss is much more difficult. You don't want to slag the players off, but you also don't want to sound happy with the result.

8 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

😂 nearly spat my coffee out. 

12 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

The world has become a place where we can't laugh anymore.... People call me a bald bar Steward all the time.lol

Exactly fella. here's to bald heads and big ears.

• Like 1
  • Love 1