To all those that mock Darren Moore about his speech...

8 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I have never mocked him for his speech. 
what I have said, is that if the way he comes across in most, not all, of his interviews is similar to the way he gives team talks I wouldn’t as a player have a lot of faith in him. 
Good communication is a key strength in any form of management. 
It’s the cliches and repetition that wound me up and have stopped me listening to him not anything else. 

Aren't we in chance of promotion, with record breaking home form and a great run of wins recently?

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, DaveClark said:

Is it still ok to think Luke Ayling is a turd of a player, I am unsure.

Because I am now unsure if it's still ok to say Darren Moore is still not the best manager I think he could be, given the players and staff he has had at his availability

What are we saying?  Luke Ayling is now a saint who never did anything wrong in his career, and Darren Moore is a great manager?

Not really that deep mate. 

Just saying it’s not okay to take the mick out of (potential) speech impediments…

Go have a lie down maybe? 

Let’s be right here

Moore was mocked viscously on here for how he speaks

It took the owner of the site to make a plea for it to stop, and very proactive moderation to squash it.

Sadly I believe the main reason it stopped is because we started winning, and it will no doubt resurface when we start losing

• Like 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I have never mocked him for his speech. 
what I have said, is that if the way he comes across in most, not all, of his interviews is similar to the way he gives team talks I wouldn’t as a player have a lot of faith in him. 
Good communication is a key strength in any form of management. 
It’s the cliches and repetition that wound me up and have stopped me listening to him not anything else. 

And ‘his delivery’

You also didn’t like that when we were losing

15 hours ago, striker said:

Can I just check, is it ok to mock Aylings hairstyle though?

image.png.848438394ebeebfbe826feb03ce06398.png

(I'm just jealous really because I have got much hair left 🤣)

Can we criticise his Nazi salute?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Why bring this up. It's been said before and the team that run this forum won't stand for it.. They have a zero tolerance on it. So why even bring this matter up? I can't remember the last time anything was said on here.... So.. Who are.  . 

" For all those "    As if it's done routinely on here. 

This site is run well. 

It's stopped a bit because we've played well lately. It'll come back when we go on a bad run

I don’t think Darren Moore has a speech impediment anyway. He just uses the expression erm which is probably just a habitual thing.  Just like a lot of people these days say ‘like’ every other sentence, copying American-speak. Some people repeatedly say ‘you know’ etc. I would class lisps, stammers and the like as speech impediments. 

For me it was and is perfectly reasonable to question any managers communication skills if they appear to be lacking. Darren Moore’s interviews were boring and repetitive and some fans understandably questioned how inspiring his team talks must be, if his press interviews were anything to go by. 

As much as anything, his interview style probably reflected his relative lack of experience at dealing with those pressure situations and he came across a bit ‘rabbit in headlights’. I imagine he’s had some coaching which has seen his style become more relaxed. 

The improved results have probably helped too! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devonstrix said:

I don’t think Darren Moore has a speech impediment anyway. He just uses the expression erm which is probably just a habitual thing.  Just like a lot of people these days say ‘like’ every other sentence, copying American-speak. Some people repeatedly say ‘you know’ etc. I would class lisps, stammers and the like as speech impediments. 

For me it was and is perfectly reasonable to question any managers communication skills if they appear to be lacking. Darren Moore’s interviews were boring and repetitive and some fans understandably questioned how inspiring his team talks must be, if his press interviews were anything to go by. 

As much as anything, his interview style probably reflected his relative lack of experience at dealing with those pressure situations and he came across a bit ‘rabbit in headlights’. I imagine he’s had some coaching which has seen his style become more relaxed. 

The improved results have probably helped too! 

And to me, that was the ridiculous point that people were making. It's a totally different skill. I doubt his team talks are anything like his media talks and anyone that thought that there is any kind of coloration is in

• Like 1

21 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Nope

" To all those that mock Darren Moore about his speech "

Says the wrong message to THIS forum.....   Why is the OP saying that to us.  That has all stopped on here.

TBH. I think the erm thing is funny.

I don't think anyone ever meant anything nasty by it? did they?

I like Darren Moore, seems a decent bloke doing a decent job but the Constant Erm's are funny when your watching his interviews. if he gets ribbed about i'm almost certain its all light hearted. 

We've all had the mickey taken out of us for something haven't we? my ears as massive and by god, people don't half let me know 😂

Edited by PTLiam
spelling error.
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Nero said:

Whilst we should reject bigotry and hate speech which targets peoples race sex disability etc etc with extreme prejudice - should we really be banning people from making jokes which target all personal traits?

If someone has a speech impediment then clearly a joke about that to me would be in poor taste and i wouldnt like it. But I wouldnt want it banned. Biggus Dickus anyone? 

We dont or shouldn't be censoring things which aren't against the law as we dont personally like them. That leaves far too much power in the hands of the unelected arbitors of what is or isnt right.

It used to be said by left and right that i profoundly disagree with your views but would fight to the death to defend your right to say them.

Usually the general public has been progressive in deciding what is right and wrong. We dont need censorship - even if its well intended. It will lead to a less tolerant world.

Your not Ricky Gervais are you ?😂 great post!