Dopplegangers

4 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I admit, I should have said please. Read the room, there is no offence to be taken here, just give us a break eh. 

What about any of our black fans that read that comment? Some might be ok with it but others might not be. If AgentWalker is a black person then s/he is incorrect in his/her assertion that the comparison of Palmer and the actor is a racist thing to do. If AgentWalker is a white person (which is my assumption), what does such a ridiculous outdated “quip” add to the conversation? 

The comment may not have caused offence to anyone that posted in the thread but other people could have read it. OwlsTalk is an inclusive forum isn’t it?  I’m not saying we need to be “Woke” about everything we post but, come on, how is that post appropriate in this day and age? 

• Haha 9

26 minutes ago, shandypants said:

What about any of our black fans that read that comment? Some might be ok with it but others might not be. If AgentWalker is a black person then s/he is incorrect in his/her assertion that the comparison of Palmer and the actor is a racist thing to do. If AgentWalker is a white person (which is my assumption), what does such a ridiculous outdated “quip” add to the conversation? 

The comment may not have caused offence to anyone that posted in the thread but other people could have read it. OwlsTalk is an inclusive forum isn’t it?  I’m not saying we need to be “Woke” about everything we post but, come on, how is that post appropriate in this day and age? 

What made you assume they were white? And does it matter? 

Think they were just having a laugh and a joke about the current woke climate and everyone being offended by everything. Then you came and got offended by it which I think is what they were looking for 

7 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

What made you assume they were white? And does it matter? 

Think they were just having a laugh and a joke about the current woke climate and everyone being offended by everything. Then you came and got offended by it which I think is what they were looking for 

Whether they’re making fun of the current woke climate or not, what makes you think that such a comment isn’t offensive? 

I’m no fan of this current woke agenda and offensive - I’m just an ordinary bloke just getting on with things; I just think some jokes and comments belong in the past and should remain there. 

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

snowflake

Maybe I should call you a name but I won’t. I’m grown up you see. I’m a man in my 50s and don’t believe things are as binary as people being “snowflakes” or “gammon”. 

Can I just request that you just have a think before you post something please? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yes, it really is impossible to tell them apart...

🥴

23ce471a6c39d6635be96191d1554e5d.jpg.fb3fc4c0e731da79fac3e67bbb25e2c0.jpg

0_Former-professional-snooker-player-Stephen-Gordon-Hendry-MBE-Stephen-currently-works-as-a-commenta.jpg.c35819414f4070878dce5c88c0b71cf7.jpg

Hingis looks like Keira Knightley there. I used to think she was OK but in my mind and by association she will now forever be Hendry when I see her. Ruined....

• Haha 3

Guest Giant Hogweed

Has any of you seen these two  in the same room at the same time?

image.png.4f9d6c6d93f39324a006e930a0e1c0c3.pngLee Hendrieimage.png.27badc4d427c151ed2db3b57f3820c0a.pngSue Smith

image.png

image.png

Edited by Giant Hogweed