Port Vale

ANDY

Probably not quite as incredible as it sounds when you think about it, there are probably loads of clubs who have beaten the vast majority of other league teams at some point, but Vale will be the first to have also beaten the recent additions to the league like Sutton and Harrogate as well. 

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

Probably not quite as incredible as it sounds when you think about it, there are probably loads of clubs who have beaten the vast majority of other league teams at some point, but Vale will be the first to have also beaten the recent additions to the league like Sutton and Harrogate as well. 

I've counted 78 from the list. Obviously we haven't played a few of them. I'm going from since ive been going early 90s. Not sure if we've beaten Lincoln or Shrewsbury?

I know we haven't beaten Stevenage out of all the teams we've faced. 

9 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I've counted 78 from the list. Obviously we haven't played a few of them. I'm going from since ive been going early 90s. Not sure if we've beaten Lincoln or Shrewsbury?

I know we haven't beaten Stevenage out of all the teams we've faced. 

We've beaten them both in the league before. I had a very quick tot up and got to 83 or 84 (counting the old Newport County, but they may be classed as a separate entity now). We could add AFC Wimbledon next week, but there are 6 L2 teams who we've never played in the league. 

Apart from AFC, I think the only current league teams we've played but not beaten are Stevenage as you say, and Mansfield who we've beaten in the cup several times but not the league. 

25 minutes ago, alanharper said:

We've beaten them both in the league before. I had a very quick tot up and got to 83 or 84 (counting the old Newport County, but they may be classed as a separate entity now). We could add AFC Wimbledon next week, but there are 6 L2 teams who we've never played in the league. 

Apart from AFC, I think the only current league teams we've played but not beaten are Stevenage as you say, and Mansfield who we've beaten in the cup several times but not the league. 

I classed Wimbledon from the premier league era but hopefully we beat them this weekend anyway. 

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

I think it's more incredible because of how interesting it is rather than as an accomplishment.

Makes a good quiz question. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I think it's more incredible because of how interesting it is rather than as an accomplishment.

It's only "incredible" because they've pointed it out, I bet it's happened plenty of times before, especially when there were the same 92 teams in the league for decades until auto relegation began in the mid 80s, and teams like Wolves, Burnley, Preston and our neighbours went up and down the leagues, even we've beaten almost all of them without ever playing in the bottom tier. They're not claiming to be the first to do it, just the only current league side to have done it, and of course it's only even possible for teams in the bottom division playing against Sutton to have "achieved" it this season.

Yeah, I'm grumpy this morning lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I agree, but in 6 months time Port Vale may not be the answer or there may be no correct answer.

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

I agree, but in 6 months time Port Vale may not be the answer or there may be no correct answer.

True, depending on who comes up from the National League. Port Vale have already played and beaten most of the teams in contention for promotion from there in league games though - several of them are ex-Football League clubs.

2 hours ago, HighworthOwl said:

I would assume Arsenal, Everton (Division one / EPL) and Rochdale (Division 4 / LG2) have the fewest as they played in the same division for so long.

Never assume anything ,sutton have the fewest.