Kop band Vote

What should happen to our Kop band?  

287 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen to our Kop band?

• Keep it!! It's all fine as it is
    • Get rid of the band completely
    • Move the band to another stand
    • Make them play different music
    • Make it bigger / louder / more influential
    • Make it smaller / less noisy

The atmosphere on the kop yesterday was much better than it has been recently, much louder and more spontaneous.

As soon as people realised they didn’t have to sit and rely on the band to start the songs, the noise picked up. 

I still think a cut down version, just a drum, would be the best outcome for everyone. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

A bugle was great in the 90s.

Remember at Everton when it was smuggled in?

Back when it was fun, before it became a full on orchestra playing over the top of people and dictating the atmosphere. 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Miffed said:

The atmosphere on the kop yesterday was much better than it has been recently, much louder and more spontaneous.

As soon as people realised they didn’t have to sit and rely on the band to start the songs, the noise picked up. 

I still think a cut down version, just a drum, would be the best outcome for everyone. 

More to do with the sun being out probably. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

Or how about one of those Mexican type things like a little table tennis bat with 2 little balls on strings attached? 🏓

• Haha 1

Only sounds good when the stadium is full and buzzing, and there's a reason to be shouting/singing.

Most of the time Hillsborough is half full and we're going through the motions. The band just sounds silly then.

My opinion on them hasn’t changed. 

There will be a section who like them and those that aren’t fussed. Then there’s a large section who can’t stand them and can really affect a fans match day negatively. 

The dislike far outweighs any added enjoyment for others imo. They should go. 

• Like 3