Jack Hunt Appreciation Thread

This wing back roe suits him.

Plus he’s too good fit this league. 

But yes I think his crossing has improved a lot since his last spell with us. 

I really want to see Mendez Laing back out wide but how can you drop Hunt?

• Like 1

I was pleased to see that one go in - big relief for him I imagine. He's always an outlet and his energy is excellent. Remember seeing his first game in 2015 against Bristol City and thought how good he was - getting forward and beating players; can't believe its getting on for 7 years ago.

• Like 3

That may just be my fav goal of the season.

There was a cool thing after the goal and initial celebrations. Players came back to kick off and there was almost a second wave of celebration/applause. Think a lot of the crowd realised it was his first goal.

He's been great this season though. Perfect for the wingback role.

• Like 7

Was always suspect defensively as a full back in a back 4. Playing as a wing back though is playing to his strengths. He also has the security of another defender from the back 3 to to cover for him when he is pushed back by the opponents. Being used in this position has not only improved his crossing but he’s started popping up in front of goal recently. Result yesterday, that long awaited goal.

• Like 2

Back home and loving it. If he was playing like this when we sold him, Bristol would’ve had our pants down. As it was, an incredible bit of business.

• Like 2

I was sorry when he left, he gets through some work every game, always has done, his crossing has improved though, he seems to be able to whip it into some really dangerous areas

Was great when he scored yesterday tho

No one around me shouted "Yes!!!)  or "Goal!!!...Everyone screamed 

"Jack Hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Like 2
  • Love 2

He’s been amazing since he’s returned…the obvious improvement for me is his fitness. Under Carlos he always looked like he was blowing out of his backside after 20 minutes. 

His goal as been coming for a few weeks now and it’s well deserved…keep it up 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Blatter said:

Was always suspect defensively as a full back in a back 4. Playing as a wing back though is playing to his strengths. He also has the security of another defender from the back 3 to to cover for him when he is pushed back by the opponents. Being used in this position has not only improved his crossing but he’s started popping up in front of goal recently. Result yesterday, that long awaited goal.

This 

Beginning of the season playing in a back 4 he was poor and rightly so got dropped, Dm changed the formation and wing back suits him 

NML would be my choice there if push came to shove though

A player with mental toughness.  

Under Carlos we had a few.  Pudil, Loovens, hunt- not a lot phased any of them and we lacked that when they all wound down.

this season Johnson and hunt especially are tough characters.  It’s not always the big tough looking lads but steely steady characters like these two that make the difference 

• Like 3