Gareth Bale

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What a waste of a supreme talent the last few years at Madrid. 

He’s won everything over there and his goals to game record is exceptional. But staggers me how much he’s vilified over there and the little game time he gets.

One of the best Britain has ever produced.

His second goal was pretty tasty too. 

He's getting ripped apart by the Spanish press and I can see why.

He was apparently in too much pain to play at the weekend for Real but plays and scores 2 for Wales.

If that was a foreign play in this country he would get slated too.

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Gareth Bale is one of the best British footballers of my lifetime.

Easily better than Rooney .

Just my opinion, others would disagree!

Completely agree he has carried a very average Wales team for years. 

He drives the team forward and in a team of mega stars at Madrid he was often the big game player who won them tight games. Also for a couple of years at Spurs he was the best player in the premier league by some distance. 

Scotland are a bit unlucky in that the best player they have is a right back so cant effect the game as much. 

Again all my opinion I'm sure others would disagree. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trev said:

He's getting ripped apart by the Spanish press and I can see why.

He was apparently in too much pain to play at the weekend for Real but plays and scores 2 for Wales.

If that was a foreign play in this country he would get slated too.

For the past few seasons Madrid haven’t wanted him involved much in the starting line up. He’s been benched or loaned to spurs.  For a player who, in my opinion is one of Europe’s best and hard working on the field, he’s been treated badly by his club. Given the lack of game time I don’t blame him for wanting to prioritise helping his small country qualify for a World Cup for the first time in 64 years. Something england fans can’t even imagine how that feels like.  And yes I’m from a Welsh family so very biased but still.  It would be amazing to see wales at a World Cup in my lifetime

14 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Madrid gave him the contract

They shouldn’t complain when he honours it

Maybe they should look in the mirror about demanding a fee for him a couple of years back

But by feigning injury and not making himself available he is not honouring his contract?

6 minutes ago, trev said:

But by feigning injury and not making himself available he is not honouring his contract?

How do you know he was feigning injury?

Madrid have only played him for something like 70 odd minutes in the past few months.  He clearly isn't valued by them.

16 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

How do you know he was feigning injury?

Madrid have only played him for something like 70 odd minutes in the past few months.  He clearly isn't valued by them.

That's what the Spanish press are saying.

Does seem a bit fishy don't you think?

Doesn't matter if they value him or not he should honour his contract and be honest about his availability.

If it was a Wednesday player who did this we would all be raging.

I get the impression that the Spanish press are just looking for people to blame for their abject performance against Barca.

As far as I know he has been available for selection whenever possible this season. I would have thought he would have wanted as much game time as possible in the run up to the Austria match as he clearly isn't match fit.

8 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

I get the impression that the Spanish press are just looking for people to blame for their abject performance against Barca.

As far as I know he has been available for selection whenever possible this season. I would have thought he would have wanted as much game time as possible in the run up to the Austria match as he clearly isn't match fit.

Yeah true suppose it could be that. They do love a good witch hunt.