Your team for Saturday

10 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Dunkley was immense before his injury and will have benefitted from 90 minutes last weekend so he'd be starting for me. That said I'd be quite happy too if Dean got the nod if he's ready. We certainly need the aerial presence that they both possess.

I agree Dunkley was in good form, however Dean is simply a better player. 

• Like 1

Bpf

Iorfa, Dean, hutch

Nml, Bannan,Luongo, Byers, Johnson

Pato, Gregory

Cb's a tricky 1 as we have too many now and not enough strikers.

We were vulnerable to ball over top/in behind when pushing up at gillingham so need 1 pacy cb, and iorfa only one who will make runs too.

If we need a goal go 3 up front and sub byers off, like 1 or 2 others he's dipped lately

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, deano said:

I agree Dunkley was in good form, however Dean is simply a better player. 

Happy with either like I say. Weve missed this type of player and its cost us points IMO.

Dunkley just shades it for me for tomorrow as likely ahead in fitness. Going forward its a good dilemma to have.

12 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

some players injured and other on international duty, how would you pick for this must win game

Wildsmith

Storey, Dunkley, Lofra

Hunt, Bannan, Luongo, Byers, Johnson

NML, Gregory

Unfortunately for us all is that Mr Moore picks the team

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MBMitchell said:

That immense his penalty coat us our championship place

Other than that, he did semi okay in the few games this season, but I don't think he's all that and a bag of chips. Out of all our CBS he's the last one is okay imo

I was judging him on his more recent performances i.e. this season. He was immense pre-injury.  Power in the air in both boxes.  Weve missed that type of late and its cost us points IMO.

1 hour ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

I’d go with 

BPF (cleared to play)

Storey

Dean

Hutch

NML

Byers

Luongo

Baz

Johnson

Gregory

Sow

Subs: 

Paterson

Kamberi

Iorfa

Shodipo

FDB

Wildsmith

hunt

dont think Paterson and Gregory work together too well,  but it wouldn’t surprise me if they did start together . Sow might come as a surprise but hopefully he can produce for us . Then make a few changes come 60 mins or so 

Deffo how Id line up

1 hour ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Happy with either like I say. Weve missed this type of player and its cost us points IMO.

Dunkley just shades it for me for tomorrow as likely ahead in fitness. Going forward its a good dilemma to have.

I agree they both have the qualities we have been missing, we have conceded far too many goals from set pieces which isn't surprising considering our defence for much of season. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deano said:

I agree they both have the qualities we have been missing, we have conceded far too many goals from set pieces which isn't surprising considering our defence for much of season. 

Whoever we start as the 3 center backs should then be same for run in unless injured.

Cannot afford to chop and change need to get an understanding as a 3 before the play offs.

Before his injury dunkley was a beast and anything in air was left for him to deal with so he took control. On Saturday you could see the three had no understanding, dunkley tried to do same but was getting in others way as they were not leaving those situations for him.

I'd go with either Hutchinson, Dunkley and Dean or Storey Dean and Hutchinson for the run in and stick with it.

Saturday would be happy with:

BPF

Hunt

Storey

Dean

Hutchinson

Johnson

Bannan

Luongo

Byers

Gregory

NML

On 24/03/2022 at 22:12, SallyCinnamon said:

BPF

Storey

Dean

Hutchinson

Hunt

Byers

Luongo

Bannan

Johnson

Mendez-Laing

Gregory

Subs:

Wildsmith, Iorfa, Dunkley, Dele-Bashiru, Sow, Paterson, Kamberi

Bang on, that's the team that will see us safely into the playoffs 

7 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

Bang on, that's the team that will see us safely into the playoffs 

A team with NML at striker won’t make 8th mate!

Brilliant wing-back. Dreadful striker. Basically converts our team to a lop-sided  361

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

A team with NML at striker won’t make 8th mate!

Brilliant wing-back. Dreadful striker. Basically converts our team to a lop-sided  361

'Dreadful' might be a bit strong. 

He's clearly more natural on the flanks, but he has qualities which can make him a threat through the middle, as well.

We've not really seen enough of him in a central role to judge, have we?

From what I recall, he's only played that role twice, against Burton and Rotherham, and his average position was pretty central in both games:

Screenshot_2022-03-26-08-34-22-15_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg.d44a0fa92127a3998f52c742f1b35ac8.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-26-08-33-46-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg.bed946e56596c18f115c2f7598264a4c.jpg

Against Rotherham, I thought he was easily our best player and was our main attacking threat.

If Moore uses him there again, it could be a case of needing to find the right partner to work alongside him. Let's face it, Gregory is always going to tie things together more coherently up top than Paterson does, and we've not seen that partnership yet.

On 24/03/2022 at 21:54, Shetland Owl said:

some players injured and other on international duty, how would you pick for this must win game

Wildsmith

Storey, Dunkley, Lofra

Hunt, Bannan, Luongo, Byers, Johnson

NML, Gregory

Must win, yet you leave out our best outfield player and best keeper? 🤔

BPF

Hunt

Storey

Dean

Hutchinson

Johnson

Luongo

Byers

Bannan

Gregory

Kamberi

Kamberi gets a lot of stick on here but Gregory has arguably played his best football when paired with him plus I feel Kamberi is one of those players that needs to be playing regularly to get the best out of him. He’s been a bit part player since the turn of the year.