Sky….wtf

41 minutes ago, morganowl said:

mk dons and  swfc will lose jointly in the region of a quarter of a million due to the sky changes . thats a hell of a lot of money in league 1. 

agreed. 

but according to the EFL rules both clubs would have had to agree to the switch as it’s over the notification deadline of 4 weeks 

why would they agree on something so stupid 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jaytee said:

Who the hell do Sky Sports think they are! 
Match at MKDons been switched from Friday to Saturday evening. Bank holiday Monday match been switched to Tuesday. All at short notice. Basically only one game over the holiday period.

If ever there was confirmation that money in general and Sky in particular are ruining our national game this is one big example. No thought given to the needs or views of fans and corporate media companies pulling all the strings.

EFL should have told them to p@@s off !

Shame on you Sky and more shame on the EFL for letting this happen.

Totally agree. The answer is easy. Dont give your money to sky.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, The coach said:

Why does everybody think we will no longer be taking any fans to MK?

dont think anyone is suggesting that mate. Just that it won’t be 7k which was looking possible had it not been switched to stupid o’clock on Saturday. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ANDY said:

agreed. 

but according to the EFL rules both clubs would have had to agree to the switch as it’s over the notification deadline of 4 weeks 

why would they agree on something so stupid 

wow thats unreal if true . are both clubs that thick? its a known fact crowds are much higher on bank holidays . how many do mk dons think we will fetch now? was 8000 now well im not going and i know a few others what now aint either. 

14 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

The problem there is that only one of the affected games (MK Dons) is to be shown on Sky TV.

As I understand it the away team in League 1 games televised by Sky is £10,000, and I am certain that this

will not come anywhere near compensating SWFC for the loss of gate money incurred by moving our home game

from a 3pm kickoff on a Bank Holiday afternoon to a 7.45pm kickoff on a Tuesday night.☹️

All season ticket holders will be there, Crewe would not have brought many anyway and its up to the club to generate interest, the 3 ticket deal though means it will at best be Category B, £30 to watch a team that could be relegated by then, i don't see a lot of interest.

but SWFC got £732k + a solidarity payment of £675k this season from sky, so unfortunately that gives them the rights to kind of do what they want with fixtures.

On 23/03/2022 at 09:22, eggnmaz said:

Sky sports are the ruination of all sports not just football. If you have sky installed in your home you have only yourself to blame.!!!!!

What about if I don't have any sports package on there?

I think this double whammy of re-scheduled fixtures on such a key bank holiday weekend is quite possibly the worst, most extreme example I can remember. The fact that the MK Dons fixture was going to be the 'go to' away game for so many fans (due to the allocation), makes it even worse.

It has totally wrecked my family's plans for the entire holiday weekend, as both my sons live away from Sheffield and it takes quite a bit of advance planning to pull it all together. Obviously our situation will be replicated right across our fan base.

Whilst I understand the knee jerk reaction regarding Sky, and I am as pis**d off as anyone, I think we need to look further as to where the blame lies.  Sky are a commercial organisation only really interested in the bottom line, which for a private company is their sole responsibility to either their shareholder's or owners. Football now forms a small (although vital) part of their empire, so other than taking fan's money for subscribing to their Sports channels, that is where their 'responsibility' starts & finishes. They needed slots to fill, and we are the non entity mugs who are to fill it. You can't blame Sky for this, if we are daft enough as a club & the authorities allow it to happen (at such short notice) they will take advantage.

HOWEVER.  The absolute total indifference & contempt towards our fan base is a monumental disgrace

Can you imagine the outcry if this was a Liverpool game re scheduled, or Man Utd or Chelsea. It simply would not happen. 

Did the club have a say in it? It appears so. Where's the EFL in situations like this? They normally want to stick their noses in at every opportunity.

I would like to know, who exactly was consulted, and who had the final say and whether the huge inconvenience & wrecked plans were even a miniscule consideration when this decision was made.

It's amazing how the authorities spark into action with their threats of dire consequences should someone get a bit overexcited and jump on the pitch to celebrate a goal, but remain totally silent when the bank holiday plans of thousands are laid to waste.

I repeat, it shows the UTTER AND TOTAL CONTEMPT THE FOOTBALL AUTHORITIES HAVE FOR FANS, unless of course you are one of the Prem elite.

TOTAL DISGRACE.

• Like 2

Gutted, I live down south and was looking forward to stopping off for the game in MK on the way up then getting the home game on the Monday. Can see why they'd select the MK Dons game for coverage but this is properly sh!t news. Are that many armchair fans really going to be seduced into watching league one football on a Saturday night?

3 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

I think this double whammy of re-scheduled fixtures on such a key bank holiday weekend is quite possibly the worst, most extreme example I can remember. The fact that the MK Dons fixture was going to be the 'go to' away game for so many fans (due to the allocation), makes it even worse.

It has totally wrecked my family's plans for the entire holiday weekend, as both my sons live away from Sheffield and it takes quite a bit of advance planning to pull it all together. Obviously our situation will be replicated right across our fan base.

Whilst I understand the knee jerk reaction regarding Sky, and I am as pis**d off as anyone, I think we need to look further as to where the blame lies.  Sky are a commercial organisation only really interested in the bottom line, which for a private company is their sole responsibility to either their shareholder's or owners. Football now forms a small (although vital) part of their empire, so other than taking fan's money for subscribing to their Sports channels, that is where their 'responsibility' starts & finishes. They needed slots to fill, and we are the non entity mugs who are to fill it. You can't blame Sky for this, if we are daft enough as a club & the authorities allow it to happen (at such short notice) they will take advantage.

HOWEVER.  The absolute total indifference & contempt towards our fan base is a monumental disgrace

Can you imagine the outcry if this was a Liverpool game re scheduled, or Man Utd or Chelsea. It simply would not happen. 

Did the club have a say in it? It appears so. Where's the EFL in situations like this? They normally want to stick their noses in at every opportunity.

I would like to know, who exactly was consulted, and who had the final say and whether the huge inconvenience & wrecked plans were even a miniscule consideration when this decision was made.

It's amazing how the authorities spark into action with their threats of dire consequences should someone get a bit overexcited and jump on the pitch to celebrate a goal, but remain totally silent when the bank holiday plans of thousands are laid to waste.

I repeat, it shows the UTTER AND TOTAL CONTEMPT THE FOOTBALL AUTHORITIES HAVE FOR FANS, unless of course you are one of the Prem elite.

TOTAL DISGRACE.

I wouldn't say this has happened because its 'smaller' clubs as it were, because the Prem kick off times are all over the place. Games have been called off because of covid, also if West Ham or Leicester progress in Europe on a Thursday night would imagine games will end up moving days at short notice to accommodate that.

It's more a lack of empathy or caring towards any fans actually attending games. I can see why they move games to show more at different times, can see why they leave it late before making the call as they want to know which games have meaning at this stage of the season.

The biggest issue is the lack of communication. Nobody was told 3 league 1 games would be moved for TV from the Friday to the Saturday. If when the tickets for that weekend went on sale they'd have said, along with the clubs, 'just a heads up because some games will be moved so hold off for a few weeks before buying train tickets' then that would have been better.

I don't think sky will be too upset for a few thousand Wednesdayites.

No doubt many will subscribe to sky and carry on doing so regardless.

All fans..not just ours need to vote with their credit cards...it would catch on..i'm 100% certain it would.

But the won't.