Sky….wtf

7 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

When I worked for a football club I dealt with Sky quite a bit. Their argument is that they have pumped millions and millions of pounds into football and the clubs fell over themselves to sign the contract such were the riches on offer.  They are showing the game to a far bigger audience than the 2 clubs involved would interest without the TV involvement. I do get their argument to a point but I do sympathise with fans who the constant changes affect.  I have bigger issues when showpiece matches are arranged (the upcoming semi at Wembley) for instance where the rail net work is inactive on the day in question  and yet still the authorities do it. That to me is madness and shows complete disregard to the supporters of the clubs involved.

seriously. 

apart from owls and mk dons that don’t go. Who else is going to be watching this.  On a Saturday night. On a bank holiday weekend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

seriously. 

apart from owls and mk dons that don’t go. Who else is going to be watching this.  On a Saturday night. On a bank holiday weekend. 

Wrexham v halifax was live last night...how many do you think wer watchin that?

5 hours ago, sheffsteel said:

The EFL isn't a separate entity, it represents the clubs.

It's the club Chairman that have the power, not the EFL.

The solution is simple.

At the next meeting EFL, clubs need to put conditions into the next Sky contract.

However Sky would likely substantially reduce their fee.

There would be a democratic vote amongst the Chairman but one would suspect the majority of EFL clubs would accept the Sky conditions due to the financial rewards.

Wouldn't refusing the Sky deal be cutting off your nose to spite you face?

It would make the financial gap between the PL and EFL clubs even bigger. 

As I remember the current contract was signed off by the EFL i.e. the board without the agreement of the club's.

Most of the championship clubs were against it because they thought the deal undervalued the product they were providing and it was a tiny fraction of the EPL's Sky deal.

The EFL still went ahead with it against the majority of the club's wishes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jaytee said:

Who the hell do Sky Sports think they are! 
Match at MKDons been switched from Friday to Saturday evening. Bank holiday Monday match been switched to Tuesday. All at short notice. Basically only one game over the holiday period.

If ever there was confirmation that money in general and Sky in particular are ruining our national game this is one big example. No thought given to the needs or views of fans and corporate media companies pulling all the strings.

EFL should have told them to p@@s off !

Shame on you Sky and more shame on the EFL for letting this happen.

Fantastic lol

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

If SWFC want to give back the millions they get each season then they can.

But presumably you wont be watching the play offs on sky then also.

we need the money so if sky want to put us on for 2 games thank you very much.

The problem there is that only one of the affected games (MK Dons) is to be shown on Sky TV.

As I understand it the away team in League 1 games televised by Sky is £10,000, and I am certain that this

will not come anywhere near compensating SWFC for the loss of gate money incurred by moving our home game

from a 3pm kickoff on a Bank Holiday afternoon to a 7.45pm kickoff on a Tuesday night.☹️

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

seriously. 

Yep take your point but only sky can answer that with their viewing figures although given the amount of crap on tv generally football fans will watch any football.

44 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

The problem there is that only one of the affected games (MK Dons) is to be shown on Sky TV.

As I understand it the away team in League 1 games televised by Sky is £10,000, and I am certain that this

will not come anywhere near compensating SWFC for the loss of gate money incurred by moving our home game

from a 3pm kickoff on a Bank Holiday afternoon to a 7.45pm kickoff on a Tuesday night.☹️

Exactly, even 2,000 less potg'ers than if it had been on a bank holiday monday at say £25 a ticket is £50,000. A massive shortfall.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jaytee said:

Who the hell do Sky Sports think they are! 
Match at MKDons been switched from Friday to Saturday evening. Bank holiday Monday match been switched to Tuesday. All at short notice. Basically only one game over the holiday period.

If ever there was confirmation that money in general and Sky in particular are ruining our national game this is one big example. No thought given to the needs or views of fans and corporate media companies pulling all the strings.

EFL should have told them to p@@s off !

Shame on you Sky and more shame on the EFL for letting this happen.

Well said!

👍👏

F*ck off Sky, leave us alone and get back to your beloved Premiersh*t, with your over zealous, biased & inept referees, your over paid and overrated diving prima donna players and even worse,

that 

Very

Annoying

Rule.....

Sorry, V.A.R.!

DO ONE FFS!😡🤬

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Exactly, even 2,000 less potg'ers than if it had been on a bank holiday monday at say £25 a ticket is £50,000. A massive shortfall.

home team get 30k. Away get 10k

if we had sold out our 7k allocation that would equate to ticket revenue of circa 140k (based on a £20 average)

so already MK are over 100k down before home tickets are taken into account. 

• Like 1

Just now, ANDY said:

home team get 30k. Away get 10k

if we had sold out our 7k allocation that would equate to ticket revenue of circa 140k (based on a £20 average)

so already MK are over 100k down before home tickets are taken into account. 

Yes apologies I didn't make it clear that I was talking about our home game v Crewe.

Tuesday night we'll be lucky to get 20K, whereas Easter Monday could have seen 24-25K.

• Like 2

out of all the away games this season mk dons was not on my must go to games a faceless modern town/city ,miles from train station ,no pubs within 20-30 mins of ground . the stadium ive heard is pure class but thats all its got going for it . sky have cost me £10 as thats what i lost claiming back train ticket cost . but some will have lost upto hundreds for flights/hotels etc . 5 weeks should be a cut off time before they can change game times or at least there should be a time frame so people can then book trains hotels flights etc. some of us cant be booking trains etc less than 10 days before as it can mean double or even 3x the cost . i know someone what paid 4x what i paid for gillingham train tickets what i got 7 weeks before . 

• Like 1